KANAB — A Kanab woman was killed in a rollover accident in a remote area of Kane County last week.
The other occupants of the vehicle were forced to take shelter in their wrecked vehicle for 12 hours from the rain until daylight when they could call law enforcers.
The accident happened about 9 p.m. Thursday about five miles east of Glendale on the Glendale Bench Road, according to the Kane County Sheriff's Office. Rain, slick roads and an unfamiliarity of the area likely contributed to the rollover of the sport utility vehicle, the sheriff's office said in a statement.
Jaylyne Doramus, 21, was ejected from the back seat and killed. The driver, Tanya Sales, 47, was also ejected. The third person in the vehicle was Gary Cross, 55. All three are from Kanab.
Cross helped Sales back into the vehicle after the accident, where they sought shelter from the rain. When it was light, they found a cellphone in the wreckage and called 911, according to the sheriff's office. Because of the remote location of the accident and because the two weren't exactly sure where they were, it took rescue crews about 50 minutes to find the wreck, the sheriff's office said.
Sales and Cross were treated for unspecified injuries at a local hospital. Doramus had given birth just two weeks ago. The infant was at home with the father at the time of the accident.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 13