KANAB — A Kanab woman was killed in a rollover accident in a remote area of Kane County last week.
The other occupants of the vehicle were forced to take shelter in their wrecked vehicle for 12 hours from the rain until daylight when they could call law enforcers.
The accident happened about 9 p.m. Thursday about five miles east of Glendale on the Glendale Bench Road, according to the Kane County Sheriff's Office. Rain, slick roads and an unfamiliarity of the area likely contributed to the rollover of the sport utility vehicle, the sheriff's office said in a statement.
Jaylyne Doramus, 21, was ejected from the back seat and killed. The driver, Tanya Sales, 47, was also ejected. The third person in the vehicle was Gary Cross, 55. All three are from Kanab.
Cross helped Sales back into the vehicle after the accident, where they sought shelter from the rain. When it was light, they found a cellphone in the wreckage and called 911, according to the sheriff's office. Because of the remote location of the accident and because the two weren't exactly sure where they were, it took rescue crews about 50 minutes to find the wreck, the sheriff's office said.
Sales and Cross were treated for unspecified injuries at a local hospital. Doramus had given birth just two weeks ago. The infant was at home with the father at the time of the accident.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Eagle Mountain residents told not to use city...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 78
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Man accused in BYU gropings ordered to... 7