ST. GEORGE — The Utah Highway Patrol has released the name of a man killed in a single vehicle accident Monday afternoon.
Robert L. Mohlengraft, 63, of Cedar City, was killed when his vehicle went off I-15 near Toquerville. The car went through a construction zone closed to traffic and up the median dirt embankment before dropping into a small ravine, rolling end over end, according to the UHP.
The vehicle landed on its roof in a small quarry of rocks about 50 feet below.
"Evidence of methamphetamine was discovered in the debris of the crash. Investigation will continue as to possible impairment of the driver," the UHP reported in a statement.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Chris Stewart endorses presidential... 18