ST. GEORGE — The Utah Highway Patrol has released the name of a man killed in a single vehicle accident Monday afternoon.
Robert L. Mohlengraft, 63, of Cedar City, was killed when his vehicle went off I-15 near Toquerville. The car went through a construction zone closed to traffic and up the median dirt embankment before dropping into a small ravine, rolling end over end, according to the UHP.
The vehicle landed on its roof in a small quarry of rocks about 50 feet below.
"Evidence of methamphetamine was discovered in the debris of the crash. Investigation will continue as to possible impairment of the driver," the UHP reported in a statement.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- Bingham High students walk out over... 82
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18