ST. GEORGE — The Utah Highway Patrol has released the name of a man killed in a single vehicle accident Monday afternoon.
Robert L. Mohlengraft, 63, of Cedar City, was killed when his vehicle went off I-15 near Toquerville. The car went through a construction zone closed to traffic and up the median dirt embankment before dropping into a small ravine, rolling end over end, according to the UHP.
The vehicle landed on its roof in a small quarry of rocks about 50 feet below.
"Evidence of methamphetamine was discovered in the debris of the crash. Investigation will continue as to possible impairment of the driver," the UHP reported in a statement.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7