UVU golf: Wolverines still in 11th at Lone Star Invitational
SAN ANTONIO -- The Utah Valley University men's golf team maintained its 11th-place position Tuesday after the second round of the Lone Star Invitational hosted by the University of Texas-San Antonio.
Mason Casper, who shot an opening-round 79 Monday, carded a 1-under-par 71, to move up into a tie for 34th, while Brayden Eriksen, who was in a tie for 11th after Day 1, shot a four-over par 76 and dropped into a tie for 21st.
"It was another rough day," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said. "Mason bounced back and played well. The other guys got off to rough starts, but they were able to battle back on the back nine."
Corey Eccles (76-78) and Joey Olson (76-78) are tied for 51st, while Stratton Schulz (82-82) is tied for 79th.
As a team, the Wolverines shot their second straight 303.
The University of North Texas, behind tournament leader Rodolfo Cazaubon (68-70), leads the tournament by three shots over the University of Denver (582) and six shots over Central Arkansas (585).
Utah Valley is at 606.
Final-round action gets underway at 7:30 a.m. MT Wednesday.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Ranking the best rookie seasons in Utah Jazz...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Damian Lillard stars in hilarious Adidas ad...
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after...
- Danny Berger and Jordan Stone to play at...
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker reportedly...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment from...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment... 50
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 47
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 44
- ESPN report: Jabari Parker rules out... 42
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Utah football: Utes are eager to pick... 33
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 24
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new,... 24