UVU golf: Wolverines still in 11th at Lone Star Invitational
SAN ANTONIO -- The Utah Valley University men's golf team maintained its 11th-place position Tuesday after the second round of the Lone Star Invitational hosted by the University of Texas-San Antonio.
Mason Casper, who shot an opening-round 79 Monday, carded a 1-under-par 71, to move up into a tie for 34th, while Brayden Eriksen, who was in a tie for 11th after Day 1, shot a four-over par 76 and dropped into a tie for 21st.
"It was another rough day," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said. "Mason bounced back and played well. The other guys got off to rough starts, but they were able to battle back on the back nine."
Corey Eccles (76-78) and Joey Olson (76-78) are tied for 51st, while Stratton Schulz (82-82) is tied for 79th.
As a team, the Wolverines shot their second straight 303.
The University of North Texas, behind tournament leader Rodolfo Cazaubon (68-70), leads the tournament by three shots over the University of Denver (582) and six shots over Central Arkansas (585).
Utah Valley is at 606.
Final-round action gets underway at 7:30 a.m. MT Wednesday.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 65
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22