UVU golf: Wolverines still in 11th at Lone Star Invitational
SAN ANTONIO -- The Utah Valley University men's golf team maintained its 11th-place position Tuesday after the second round of the Lone Star Invitational hosted by the University of Texas-San Antonio.
Mason Casper, who shot an opening-round 79 Monday, carded a 1-under-par 71, to move up into a tie for 34th, while Brayden Eriksen, who was in a tie for 11th after Day 1, shot a four-over par 76 and dropped into a tie for 21st.
"It was another rough day," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said. "Mason bounced back and played well. The other guys got off to rough starts, but they were able to battle back on the back nine."
Corey Eccles (76-78) and Joey Olson (76-78) are tied for 51st, while Stratton Schulz (82-82) is tied for 79th.
As a team, the Wolverines shot their second straight 303.
The University of North Texas, behind tournament leader Rodolfo Cazaubon (68-70), leads the tournament by three shots over the University of Denver (582) and six shots over Central Arkansas (585).
Utah Valley is at 606.
Final-round action gets underway at 7:30 a.m. MT Wednesday.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 110
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 73
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 32
- Guest commentary: BYU football and... 25
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 23
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 22
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 19
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 15