UVU golf: Wolverines still in 11th at Lone Star Invitational
SAN ANTONIO -- The Utah Valley University men's golf team maintained its 11th-place position Tuesday after the second round of the Lone Star Invitational hosted by the University of Texas-San Antonio.
Mason Casper, who shot an opening-round 79 Monday, carded a 1-under-par 71, to move up into a tie for 34th, while Brayden Eriksen, who was in a tie for 11th after Day 1, shot a four-over par 76 and dropped into a tie for 21st.
"It was another rough day," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said. "Mason bounced back and played well. The other guys got off to rough starts, but they were able to battle back on the back nine."
Corey Eccles (76-78) and Joey Olson (76-78) are tied for 51st, while Stratton Schulz (82-82) is tied for 79th.
As a team, the Wolverines shot their second straight 303.
The University of North Texas, behind tournament leader Rodolfo Cazaubon (68-70), leads the tournament by three shots over the University of Denver (582) and six shots over Central Arkansas (585).
Utah Valley is at 606.
Final-round action gets underway at 7:30 a.m. MT Wednesday.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- BYU defense, offense being noticed for...
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big part...
- BYU confirms Jim McMahon will be inducted...
- Parry's Power Guide for week 5
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 137
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 102
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 58
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 47