Police say Magna woman borrows truck for beer run, doesn't return
SALT LAKE CITY — A Magna woman faces criminal charges after police say she failed to returned a truck she borrowed for a beer run.
The owner of the truck told police he knew the woman only as "Purple" when he let her borrow the truck Sept. 17. The woman was headed to purchase beer and was told to be back in 10 minutes, police said. She didn't return.
Jennafer Marie Reynolds, 30, now faces second-degree felony theft charges in connection with the incident, according to charges filed Monday in 3rd District Court.
On Sept. 23, a caller using a blocked number told the owner of the truck he or she had information about the missing vehicle and would return it for $25, according to charging documents. The man was instructed to go to a gas station near 4800 South and 500 West in Murray.
The man told police he followed a "suspicious vehicle" from the gas station to a nearby apartment complex, where he located his truck. The stereo, speaker box, amplifier and GPS, along with some CDs and a necklace, were missing from the truck, charges state.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9