Police say Magna woman borrows truck for beer run, doesn't return
SALT LAKE CITY — A Magna woman faces criminal charges after police say she failed to returned a truck she borrowed for a beer run.
The owner of the truck told police he knew the woman only as "Purple" when he let her borrow the truck Sept. 17. The woman was headed to purchase beer and was told to be back in 10 minutes, police said. She didn't return.
Jennafer Marie Reynolds, 30, now faces second-degree felony theft charges in connection with the incident, according to charges filed Monday in 3rd District Court.
On Sept. 23, a caller using a blocked number told the owner of the truck he or she had information about the missing vehicle and would return it for $25, according to charging documents. The man was instructed to go to a gas station near 4800 South and 500 West in Murray.
The man told police he followed a "suspicious vehicle" from the gas station to a nearby apartment complex, where he located his truck. The stereo, speaker box, amplifier and GPS, along with some CDs and a necklace, were missing from the truck, charges state.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Charges: Orem mom left 2 small kids alone...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 33
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15