Police say Magna woman borrows truck for beer run, doesn't return
SALT LAKE CITY — A Magna woman faces criminal charges after police say she failed to returned a truck she borrowed for a beer run.
The owner of the truck told police he knew the woman only as "Purple" when he let her borrow the truck Sept. 17. The woman was headed to purchase beer and was told to be back in 10 minutes, police said. She didn't return.
Jennafer Marie Reynolds, 30, now faces second-degree felony theft charges in connection with the incident, according to charges filed Monday in 3rd District Court.
On Sept. 23, a caller using a blocked number told the owner of the truck he or she had information about the missing vehicle and would return it for $25, according to charging documents. The man was instructed to go to a gas station near 4800 South and 500 West in Murray.
The man told police he followed a "suspicious vehicle" from the gas station to a nearby apartment complex, where he located his truck. The stereo, speaker box, amplifier and GPS, along with some CDs and a necklace, were missing from the truck, charges state.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 101
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9