Police say Magna woman borrows truck for beer run, doesn't return
SALT LAKE CITY — A Magna woman faces criminal charges after police say she failed to returned a truck she borrowed for a beer run.
The owner of the truck told police he knew the woman only as "Purple" when he let her borrow the truck Sept. 17. The woman was headed to purchase beer and was told to be back in 10 minutes, police said. She didn't return.
Jennafer Marie Reynolds, 30, now faces second-degree felony theft charges in connection with the incident, according to charges filed Monday in 3rd District Court.
On Sept. 23, a caller using a blocked number told the owner of the truck he or she had information about the missing vehicle and would return it for $25, according to charging documents. The man was instructed to go to a gas station near 4800 South and 500 West in Murray.
The man told police he followed a "suspicious vehicle" from the gas station to a nearby apartment complex, where he located his truck. The stereo, speaker box, amplifier and GPS, along with some CDs and a necklace, were missing from the truck, charges state.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17