Police say Magna woman borrows truck for beer run, doesn't return
SALT LAKE CITY — A Magna woman faces criminal charges after police say she failed to returned a truck she borrowed for a beer run.
The owner of the truck told police he knew the woman only as "Purple" when he let her borrow the truck Sept. 17. The woman was headed to purchase beer and was told to be back in 10 minutes, police said. She didn't return.
Jennafer Marie Reynolds, 30, now faces second-degree felony theft charges in connection with the incident, according to charges filed Monday in 3rd District Court.
On Sept. 23, a caller using a blocked number told the owner of the truck he or she had information about the missing vehicle and would return it for $25, according to charging documents. The man was instructed to go to a gas station near 4800 South and 500 West in Murray.
The man told police he followed a "suspicious vehicle" from the gas station to a nearby apartment complex, where he located his truck. The stereo, speaker box, amplifier and GPS, along with some CDs and a necklace, were missing from the truck, charges state.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21