USU soccer: Tarver awarded WAC Soccer Offensive Player of the Week honors
Utah State soccer forward Jade Tarver was named Western Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Week; the league announced Monday. Tarver is the first USU player to earn Offensive Player of the Week honors this season.
Tarver is also the third Aggie to be honored by the WAC this season. Senior defender Natalie Norris was named WAC Defensive Player of the Week twice this season, while fellow senior goalkeeper Ashlyn Mulford has been honor four times this year.
Tarver, a sophomore forward from Sandy, Utah (Jordan HS), had a goal and two assists off the bench in two Utah State road wins last week. In the Aggies’ 2-1 overtime win at regionally-ranked Seattle, Tarver had the assist in Maris Hamblin’s game-winning goal in the 99th minute. In USU’s 3-1 win at Idaho, Tarver scored the game-winning goal in the first half against the Vandals. She helped secure the win with an assist on USU’s third goal. For the week, Tarver had five points to help USU improve to 9-2-6 overall and 4-0-2 in WAC play.
The sophomore was also named College Sports Madness WAC Player of the Week for her strong performance.
Louisiana Tech’s Andrea Wang earned WAC Defensive Player of the Week honors, while the Lady Techsters’ Corina Brown was Goalkeeper of the Week.
First-place Utah State (9-2-6, 4-0-2 WAC) returns home this week to take on San Jose State (4-10-1, 2-4-0 WAC) on Friday, Oct. 19 at 2 p.m.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 89
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33