Power pick: This is one of my favorite semi-annual after-conference traditions, the guess which wordle matches which talk (or song) game at Keepapitchinin. So click in to “Come Play Conference Wordles! (October 2012)” and see if you can match the word-art depictions — with the major themes and words highlighted by size — to the general conference talk or song. Just looked at the first one, both “honeybees” and “beehives” are prominently displayed. I bet you can guess that one! Then see if you can figure out the rest.
Techie tip: Want to write your testimony in a Book of Mormon and give it to someone but don’t speak their language? It’s the “Book of Mormon Testimony Translator” to the rescue. This new site is a free service from returned missionaries and other bilingual LDS members. You just enter your testimony into the testimony form, fill out your name, age, and email, and then click on the language to which you want it translated. Cool, huh? And if you want to become a part of this marvelous project, they are always looking for volunteers. Click in to learn more about it.
General conference highlights, October 2012
This brief recap of the five sessions of the October 2012 general conference (by the Mormon Channel) delivers some of the main points of conference.
Emily Warburton Jensen loves searching through the LDS blog world for developments and testimonies that best capture the ever-evolving LDS online experience. Email: email@example.com
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- New features at Ogden Temple reception tent...
- Chinese group provides home for new LDS converts
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 18
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 14
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 8
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5