Power pick: This is one of my favorite semi-annual after-conference traditions, the guess which wordle matches which talk (or song) game at Keepapitchinin. So click in to “Come Play Conference Wordles! (October 2012)” and see if you can match the word-art depictions — with the major themes and words highlighted by size — to the general conference talk or song. Just looked at the first one, both “honeybees” and “beehives” are prominently displayed. I bet you can guess that one! Then see if you can figure out the rest.
Techie tip: Want to write your testimony in a Book of Mormon and give it to someone but don’t speak their language? It’s the “Book of Mormon Testimony Translator” to the rescue. This new site is a free service from returned missionaries and other bilingual LDS members. You just enter your testimony into the testimony form, fill out your name, age, and email, and then click on the language to which you want it translated. Cool, huh? And if you want to become a part of this marvelous project, they are always looking for volunteers. Click in to learn more about it.
General conference highlights, October 2012
This brief recap of the five sessions of the October 2012 general conference (by the Mormon Channel) delivers some of the main points of conference.
Emily Warburton Jensen loves searching through the LDS blog world for developments and testimonies that best capture the ever-evolving LDS online experience. Email: email@example.com
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- LDS convert and influential friend reunite...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 104
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 76
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 76
- Ask Angela: With so few choices, should... 75
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 71
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 61
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 46
- How much did President Obama donate to... 44