Man attacked victim with baseball bat, Provo police say
PROVO — A man accused of beating another man with a baseball bat has been arrested and booked into the Utah County Jail.
Richard Gutierrez, 22, was arrested Saturday for investigation of aggravated assault.
About 1 a.m., Gutierrez got into a fight with a 57-year-old man, possibly over something drug-related, in the street near 245 W. 400 North, said Provo Police Sgt. Brandon Post. He allegedly used a baseball bat to hit the man in the mouth and the back of his head.
The victim lost several teeth, and required multiple stitches in his face and the back of his head, Post said.
Witnesses told police Gutierrez had several distinctive tattoos, including a Playboy bunny on his left cheek. Investigators immediately knew whom the eyewitnesses were talking about when they heard the tattoo descriptions, Post said.
Detectives were able to track down Gutierrez at his house where his family initially told officers he wasn't home, but Gutierrez eventually came out and surrendered, according to the sergeant.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but more...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 73
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14