Man attacked victim with baseball bat, Provo police say
PROVO — A man accused of beating another man with a baseball bat has been arrested and booked into the Utah County Jail.
Richard Gutierrez, 22, was arrested Saturday for investigation of aggravated assault.
About 1 a.m., Gutierrez got into a fight with a 57-year-old man, possibly over something drug-related, in the street near 245 W. 400 North, said Provo Police Sgt. Brandon Post. He allegedly used a baseball bat to hit the man in the mouth and the back of his head.
The victim lost several teeth, and required multiple stitches in his face and the back of his head, Post said.
Witnesses told police Gutierrez had several distinctive tattoos, including a Playboy bunny on his left cheek. Investigators immediately knew whom the eyewitnesses were talking about when they heard the tattoo descriptions, Post said.
Detectives were able to track down Gutierrez at his house where his family initially told officers he wasn't home, but Gutierrez eventually came out and surrendered, according to the sergeant.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Police investigating man who barricaded...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 52
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 19
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should scientists be allowed to change... 10