The Utah Educational Savings Plan was one of four 529 savings plans nationwide to receive a gold medal in an annual review by Morningstar, an investment research firm.
Other gold medal recipients include Maryland College Investment Plan (Maryland), T. Rowe Price College Savings Plan (Alaska) and The Vangaurd 529 College Savings Plan (Nevada).
Gold medals were awarded to savings plans Morningstar felt would be the best for contributors in the long run.
Unlike other plans, Utah’s has no enrollment minumum, according to Morningstar.
Also, people don’t have to be residents of Utah in order to use the plan. Funds from the plan can be used in any university that takes part in federal funding, (not just in Utah), according to UESP.
Funds from the account can be applied to tuition, books and rent, according to UESP.
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- Ground broken for transit-oriented housing...
- Suit: Papa John's fired worker with Down...
- Family fun with the top down at unique RV resort
- How to be a billionaire
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know
- Commission to highlight women in Utah economy
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 8
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- USDA: Genetically modified wheat found... 3
- Work is sometimes the best medicine 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3
- How to be a billionaire 3
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought... 3