The Utah Educational Savings Plan was one of four 529 savings plans nationwide to receive a gold medal in an annual review by Morningstar, an investment research firm.
Other gold medal recipients include Maryland College Investment Plan (Maryland), T. Rowe Price College Savings Plan (Alaska) and The Vangaurd 529 College Savings Plan (Nevada).
Gold medals were awarded to savings plans Morningstar felt would be the best for contributors in the long run.
Unlike other plans, Utah’s has no enrollment minumum, according to Morningstar.
Also, people don’t have to be residents of Utah in order to use the plan. Funds from the plan can be used in any university that takes part in federal funding, (not just in Utah), according to UESP.
Funds from the account can be applied to tuition, books and rent, according to UESP.
- Glen Campbell movie sets standard for CNN film
- The average Joe only works 4.5 hours a day....
- The president wants to extend overtime...
- Dave Ramsey says: 3 traps to avoid after...
- North Salt Lake homeowners deny allegations...
- Beware of rental scams involving for-sale...
- Michelle Singletary: A woman's place is on...
- BLM seeks comment on Moab invasive species...
- Michelle Singletary: A woman's place is... 10
- The president wants to extend overtime... 8
- 'In the name of God, this flag comes... 6
- First lady: Career, technical studies... 3
- Beware of rental scams involving... 2
- Coal industry scores a win but fate of... 1
- The average Joe only works 4.5 hours a... 1
- North Salt Lake homeowners deny... 1