The Utah Educational Savings Plan was one of four 529 savings plans nationwide to receive a gold medal in an annual review by Morningstar, an investment research firm.
Other gold medal recipients include Maryland College Investment Plan (Maryland), T. Rowe Price College Savings Plan (Alaska) and The Vangaurd 529 College Savings Plan (Nevada).
Gold medals were awarded to savings plans Morningstar felt would be the best for contributors in the long run.
Unlike other plans, Utah’s has no enrollment minumum, according to Morningstar.
Also, people don’t have to be residents of Utah in order to use the plan. Funds from the plan can be used in any university that takes part in federal funding, (not just in Utah), according to UESP.
Funds from the account can be applied to tuition, books and rent, according to UESP.
- Women innovators leading by example
- More Americans spending at least half their...
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a large...
- Money doesn't necessarily equate to job...
- 19 Mother's Day gift ideas for moms with...
- Proposed trade legislation could boost Utah...
- Historic Salt Lake building now home to...
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on the poor
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on... 24
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- More Americans spending at least half... 11
- Pope echoes feminist anthem of equal... 6
- Proposed trade legislation could boost... 5
- Many Salt Lake residents still balk at... 4
- US factory activity improves in April,... 3
- We finally understand what robots mean... 2