While first impressions can be crucial in a job interview, asking the right questions of your interviewer can leave a lasting one, according to Investopedia.
“I am always surprised how some interviewees tend to trail off toward the end of an interview instead of finishing strong and leaving a lasting impression,” Zachary Rose, CEO and founder of Green Education Services, a green jobs training firm in New York City, told Investopedia.
Investopedia spoke with job recruiters and came up with four questions that can help leave a lasting impression with interviewers.
1. “If you were to not offer the job to me, what would be the reason?”
While this question is bold, it gives the candidate a chance to address any doubts the interviewer may have.
2. “If offered the position, how would success be measured and how could I exceed your expectations?”
This question allows the candidate to take charge and shows they are driven by results.
3. “How does this position fit the company’s short- and long-term goals?”
Asking about the short-term goals gives you insight to follow up on. Asking about the long term lets them know you are prepared to be there for a while.
4. “What do you enjoy most about working here?”
People enjoy talking about themselves, and asking this question allows the interviewer to do so.
- First US cruise in decades set to arrive in...
- Mystery solved? Australian says he's Bitcoin...
- Advocates: High court signals it won't stop...
- Corporate earnings keep falling, but there...
- Provo transit project set to begin, despite...
- Sinclair celebrates a century in business
- What millennials need to do to retire...
- New strategies eliminate long waitlist for...
- Provo transit project set to begin,... 13
- Utah agrees not enforce obscenity law... 13
- What millennials need to do to retire... 10
- Additional concourse boosts airport... 10
- The U.S. hands over $5.28 billion a... 7
- Advocates: High court signals it won't... 5
- Orem real estate manager indicted in... 5
- New strategies eliminate long waitlist... 2