While first impressions can be crucial in a job interview, asking the right questions of your interviewer can leave a lasting one, according to Investopedia.
“I am always surprised how some interviewees tend to trail off toward the end of an interview instead of finishing strong and leaving a lasting impression,” Zachary Rose, CEO and founder of Green Education Services, a green jobs training firm in New York City, told Investopedia.
Investopedia spoke with job recruiters and came up with four questions that can help leave a lasting impression with interviewers.
1. “If you were to not offer the job to me, what would be the reason?”
While this question is bold, it gives the candidate a chance to address any doubts the interviewer may have.
2. “If offered the position, how would success be measured and how could I exceed your expectations?”
This question allows the candidate to take charge and shows they are driven by results.
3. “How does this position fit the company’s short- and long-term goals?”
Asking about the short-term goals gives you insight to follow up on. Asking about the long term lets them know you are prepared to be there for a while.
4. “What do you enjoy most about working here?”
People enjoy talking about themselves, and asking this question allows the interviewer to do so.
- Asian stocks mixed as markets await Brexit...
- Stocks, pound fall again due to UK vote...
- US economy grew at slightly faster 1.1...
- 'Avatar' mobile game landing ahead of film...
- US home prices climb in April; 7 cities set...
- Volkswagen settles emissions-cheating cases...
- How Amazon's Dash buttons can thwart smart...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Stocks, pound fall again due to UK vote... 8
- Costco begins new credit card agreement 5
- Gap between Salt Lake renters, owners... 3
- Volkswagen settles emissions-cheating... 3
- Allegiant Air adding flights from Provo... 3
- Tesla wants to be the ultimate... 2
- Millennials are sparking the next... 2
- Dave Ramsey: Navigating the line... 2