USU golf: Aggie golfers continue fall season in Kansas City at Bill Ross Intercollegiate
The Utah State’s men’s golf team will continue its fall season Monday, Oct. 15, at the Bill Ross Intercollegiate hosted by the University of Missouri at Kansas City. The two-day, 54-hole tournament will be held at the Milburn Country Club in Overland Park, Kan.
The tournament, which gets underway at 7:30 a.m. (MT) Monday morning, will play at par-72 over the 7,054-yard layout. Teams will play two rounds Monday and the final round Tuesday.
Joining Utah State in the 14-team field are Arkansas State, Bradley, Creighton, Drake, UMKC, Missouri State, North Dakota State, Northern Iowa, Omaha, Oral Roberts, SIU Edwardsville, South Dakota and Western Illinois.
Scheduled to compete for the Aggies are seniors Brendan Dennis (Roosevelt, Utah) and Kris Sayer (Idaho Falls, Idaho), junior Tanner Higham (Shelley, Idaho), and freshmen Seokwon Jeon (Salt Lake City, Utah) and Reed Platke (Whitefish, Mont.).
In its last competition, Utah State finished tied for seventh out of 13 teams at the Boise State hosted Dash Thomas Memorial with a 19-over 871 (297-284-290). USU’s top finisher was Platke who tied for 15th with a 1-over 214 (74-69-71).
Thus far in 2012, Higham has a stroke average of 72.22 to lead the team, followed by Platke (73.56), Jeon (74.22), Sayer (74.83) and Dennis (75.50).
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 24
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14