USU golf: Aggie golfers continue fall season in Kansas City at Bill Ross Intercollegiate
The Utah State’s men’s golf team will continue its fall season Monday, Oct. 15, at the Bill Ross Intercollegiate hosted by the University of Missouri at Kansas City. The two-day, 54-hole tournament will be held at the Milburn Country Club in Overland Park, Kan.
The tournament, which gets underway at 7:30 a.m. (MT) Monday morning, will play at par-72 over the 7,054-yard layout. Teams will play two rounds Monday and the final round Tuesday.
Joining Utah State in the 14-team field are Arkansas State, Bradley, Creighton, Drake, UMKC, Missouri State, North Dakota State, Northern Iowa, Omaha, Oral Roberts, SIU Edwardsville, South Dakota and Western Illinois.
Scheduled to compete for the Aggies are seniors Brendan Dennis (Roosevelt, Utah) and Kris Sayer (Idaho Falls, Idaho), junior Tanner Higham (Shelley, Idaho), and freshmen Seokwon Jeon (Salt Lake City, Utah) and Reed Platke (Whitefish, Mont.).
In its last competition, Utah State finished tied for seventh out of 13 teams at the Boise State hosted Dash Thomas Memorial with a 19-over 871 (297-284-290). USU’s top finisher was Platke who tied for 15th with a 1-over 214 (74-69-71).
Thus far in 2012, Higham has a stroke average of 72.22 to lead the team, followed by Platke (73.56), Jeon (74.22), Sayer (74.83) and Dennis (75.50).
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 95
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33