154 orphans: French fashion designer Cécile Pelous decided she wasn’t living her life to the fullest, so she sold her Paris home, headed to Nepal and built an orphanage. And as amazing as this all sounds, it is even more amazing to watch via this new Mormon.org video “I'm a Mormon and Mother to 154 Orphaned Children.” Click in to watch and be amazed.
Conference humor: Back when I was a young reporter in college, I wrote about the funny moments in general conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints — not knowing that someday someone would be able to do the same, but this time using video editing and posting it on a blog. Watch these “Funny Moments from General Conference October 2012” and relive some laugh-out-loud moments.
Genealogy gratitude: The “Genealogists say ‘Thanks’” indexing video contest just began. The FamilySearch blog explains: “Here’s your chance to say thank you to the indexers who have helped you find your ancestors. Create a short video that is one minute or less to thank FamilySearch indexers and arbitrators for helping to make records searchable online. Highlight an ancestor you have found, or highlight someone you know who has found an ancestor while searching on FamilySearch.org, and express your gratitude to the indexers who helped make it possible.” Click in to learn all about it!
Living it: Here’s another lovely printable rendition of the “I’m a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it.” Click in to download, print and then share!
'I'm a Mormon and Mother to 154 Orphaned Children'
This "I'm a Mormon" video tells of Ccile, a French fashion designer, who sold her Parish home, brought her hands to Nepal, and built an orphanage. See more at Mormon.org/people
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com
- Pope prays at Armenia memorial after...
- Pope visits Armenia's closed border with...
- Pope's message of peace resonates with Syrian...
- Retired pope thanks reigning pope for his...
- Apocalypse when? How teachings on the end of...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- Music and the Spoken Word: Radiate goodness
- Hamblin & Peterson: John Knox and the...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 167
- Did Trump really just become a... 37
- The pro-life plan that could reverse... 36
- Could Brexit be an apocalyptic prediction? 12
- Pope Francis: Christians should... 12
- Faith leaders respond to Supreme... 12
- Long PBS piece calls Mormon welfare... 12
- Apocalypse when? How teachings on the... 11