UVU golf: Brayden Eriksen tied for 11th at Lone Star Invitational
SAN ANTONIO – Utah Valley University's Brayden Erikesen recorded an even-par 72 on the opening day of the Fourth Annual Lone Star Invitational on Sunday and is tied for 11th contested at Hill Country Resort Golf Club.
"Brayden played really well today," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said. "He could have taken it a lot lower but managed to finish at even par."
As a team, the Wolverines are in 11th after an opening-round 303.
"We got off to a solid start but didn't finish well," Curran said. "Tuesday is moving day. We need a solid round to move up the leaderboard."
The University of North Texas (284) leads the tournament by three shots over the University of Denver (287) and six shots over host University of Texas-San Antonio (290).
Rodolfo Cazaubon, of the University of North Texas, leads the tournament with at four-under par 68.
Round 2 begins from No. 1 and No. 10 at 7:30 a.m. MT.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7