UVU golf: Brayden Eriksen tied for 11th at Lone Star Invitational
SAN ANTONIO – Utah Valley University's Brayden Erikesen recorded an even-par 72 on the opening day of the Fourth Annual Lone Star Invitational on Sunday and is tied for 11th contested at Hill Country Resort Golf Club.
"Brayden played really well today," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said. "He could have taken it a lot lower but managed to finish at even par."
As a team, the Wolverines are in 11th after an opening-round 303.
"We got off to a solid start but didn't finish well," Curran said. "Tuesday is moving day. We need a solid round to move up the leaderboard."
The University of North Texas (284) leads the tournament by three shots over the University of Denver (287) and six shots over host University of Texas-San Antonio (290).
Rodolfo Cazaubon, of the University of North Texas, leads the tournament with at four-under par 68.
Round 2 begins from No. 1 and No. 10 at 7:30 a.m. MT.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 21
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 12