UVU golf: Brayden Eriksen tied for 11th at Lone Star Invitational
SAN ANTONIO – Utah Valley University's Brayden Erikesen recorded an even-par 72 on the opening day of the Fourth Annual Lone Star Invitational on Sunday and is tied for 11th contested at Hill Country Resort Golf Club.
"Brayden played really well today," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said. "He could have taken it a lot lower but managed to finish at even par."
As a team, the Wolverines are in 11th after an opening-round 303.
"We got off to a solid start but didn't finish well," Curran said. "Tuesday is moving day. We need a solid round to move up the leaderboard."
The University of North Texas (284) leads the tournament by three shots over the University of Denver (287) and six shots over host University of Texas-San Antonio (290).
Rodolfo Cazaubon, of the University of North Texas, leads the tournament with at four-under par 68.
Round 2 begins from No. 1 and No. 10 at 7:30 a.m. MT.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- BYU football hosts 'Friday Night Lights'...
- Runnin' Utes take on Duke in Texas-sized venue
- Former Duke and Utah player Chris Burgess...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Dallin Bachynski delivers...
- Utes to face Duke in the Sweet 16... 207
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 67
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill is making a... 31
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- It's Coach K vs. Coach K as Utah... 22
- Ogden chooses to play as an independent... 21