UVU golf: Brayden Eriksen tied for 11th at Lone Star Invitational
SAN ANTONIO – Utah Valley University's Brayden Erikesen recorded an even-par 72 on the opening day of the Fourth Annual Lone Star Invitational on Sunday and is tied for 11th contested at Hill Country Resort Golf Club.
"Brayden played really well today," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said. "He could have taken it a lot lower but managed to finish at even par."
As a team, the Wolverines are in 11th after an opening-round 303.
"We got off to a solid start but didn't finish well," Curran said. "Tuesday is moving day. We need a solid round to move up the leaderboard."
The University of North Texas (284) leads the tournament by three shots over the University of Denver (287) and six shots over host University of Texas-San Antonio (290).
Rodolfo Cazaubon, of the University of North Texas, leads the tournament with at four-under par 68.
Round 2 begins from No. 1 and No. 10 at 7:30 a.m. MT.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Deseret News previews of all 103 varsity...
- Mormon coaches and callings: How they balance...
- Doug Robinson: BYU's schedule is a football...
- Brad Rock: Jerry Sloan praises ref who may...
- Preseason viewer’s guide: Clash of the...
- Felt's Facts, Week 1: Where does Duchesne's...
- High school football: Top 10 storylines to...
- BYU coaches focus on shoring up special teams
- College football: BYU, Utah State... 146
- Travis Wilson edges out Kendal Thompson... 110
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 106
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU... 76
- BYU football: Cougars agree to... 75
- Doug Robinson: BYU's schedule is a... 66
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will... 46
- BYU AD Tom Holmoe says Cougars should... 46