UVU golf: Brayden Eriksen tied for 11th at Lone Star Invitational
SAN ANTONIO – Utah Valley University's Brayden Erikesen recorded an even-par 72 on the opening day of the Fourth Annual Lone Star Invitational on Sunday and is tied for 11th contested at Hill Country Resort Golf Club.
"Brayden played really well today," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said. "He could have taken it a lot lower but managed to finish at even par."
As a team, the Wolverines are in 11th after an opening-round 303.
"We got off to a solid start but didn't finish well," Curran said. "Tuesday is moving day. We need a solid round to move up the leaderboard."
The University of North Texas (284) leads the tournament by three shots over the University of Denver (287) and six shots over host University of Texas-San Antonio (290).
Rodolfo Cazaubon, of the University of North Texas, leads the tournament with at four-under par 68.
Round 2 begins from No. 1 and No. 10 at 7:30 a.m. MT.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 96
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 54
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33