Head-on crash in southern Utah critically injures driver
HURRICANE, Washington County — A man was hospitalized in critical condition Sunday with injuries he suffered in a head-on collision in southern Utah.
Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Steven Winward said the man, whose name has not yet been released, was in critical but stable condition at University Medical Center in Las Vegas and expected to survive.
The accident occurred just before noon on state Route 9 between Hurricane and Hildale, Winward said. The driver of a Jeep Rubicon attempted to pass another vehicle and collided with a Ford Mustang upon entering the opposite lane.
The Mustang spun out while the Jeep rolled end over end down an embankment.
The driver of the Jeep was flown by helicopter to the Las Vegas hospital. The occupants in the Mustang were treated at a St. George hospital for minor injuries and later released. All individuals in the accident were wearing seat belts, Winward said.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8