Head-on crash in southern Utah critically injures driver
HURRICANE, Washington County — A man was hospitalized in critical condition Sunday with injuries he suffered in a head-on collision in southern Utah.
Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Steven Winward said the man, whose name has not yet been released, was in critical but stable condition at University Medical Center in Las Vegas and expected to survive.
The accident occurred just before noon on state Route 9 between Hurricane and Hildale, Winward said. The driver of a Jeep Rubicon attempted to pass another vehicle and collided with a Ford Mustang upon entering the opposite lane.
The Mustang spun out while the Jeep rolled end over end down an embankment.
The driver of the Jeep was flown by helicopter to the Las Vegas hospital. The occupants in the Mustang were treated at a St. George hospital for minor injuries and later released. All individuals in the accident were wearing seat belts, Winward said.
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- Deedee Corradini, Salt Lake's first and only...
- Tom Welch: Replace the prison with the NFL
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to dial...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years ......
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 24
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- With Healthy Utah stalled, lives still... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 17
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 16