Head-on crash in southern Utah critically injures driver
HURRICANE, Washington County — A man was hospitalized in critical condition Sunday with injuries he suffered in a head-on collision in southern Utah.
Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Steven Winward said the man, whose name has not yet been released, was in critical but stable condition at University Medical Center in Las Vegas and expected to survive.
The accident occurred just before noon on state Route 9 between Hurricane and Hildale, Winward said. The driver of a Jeep Rubicon attempted to pass another vehicle and collided with a Ford Mustang upon entering the opposite lane.
The Mustang spun out while the Jeep rolled end over end down an embankment.
The driver of the Jeep was flown by helicopter to the Las Vegas hospital. The occupants in the Mustang were treated at a St. George hospital for minor injuries and later released. All individuals in the accident were wearing seat belts, Winward said.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22