Head-on crash in southern Utah critically injures driver
HURRICANE, Washington County — A man was hospitalized in critical condition Sunday with injuries he suffered in a head-on collision in southern Utah.
Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Steven Winward said the man, whose name has not yet been released, was in critical but stable condition at University Medical Center in Las Vegas and expected to survive.
The accident occurred just before noon on state Route 9 between Hurricane and Hildale, Winward said. The driver of a Jeep Rubicon attempted to pass another vehicle and collided with a Ford Mustang upon entering the opposite lane.
The Mustang spun out while the Jeep rolled end over end down an embankment.
The driver of the Jeep was flown by helicopter to the Las Vegas hospital. The occupants in the Mustang were treated at a St. George hospital for minor injuries and later released. All individuals in the accident were wearing seat belts, Winward said.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support medical...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 49
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 48
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 23