Head-on crash in southern Utah critically injures driver
HURRICANE, Washington County — A man was hospitalized in critical condition Sunday with injuries he suffered in a head-on collision in southern Utah.
Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Steven Winward said the man, whose name has not yet been released, was in critical but stable condition at University Medical Center in Las Vegas and expected to survive.
The accident occurred just before noon on state Route 9 between Hurricane and Hildale, Winward said. The driver of a Jeep Rubicon attempted to pass another vehicle and collided with a Ford Mustang upon entering the opposite lane.
The Mustang spun out while the Jeep rolled end over end down an embankment.
The driver of the Jeep was flown by helicopter to the Las Vegas hospital. The occupants in the Mustang were treated at a St. George hospital for minor injuries and later released. All individuals in the accident were wearing seat belts, Winward said.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12