Colorado man, 23, hospitalized after being struck in Ogden drive-by shooting
OGDEN — A 23-year-old Colorado man was hospitalized Saturday after being struck in a drive-by shooting in Ogden.
The man was one of a group of musicians traveling through Utah en route from Colorado to Seattle, Ogden Police Lt. Will Cragun said. The band had stopped at a Maverik convenience store at 32nd Street and Washington Boulevard to try and sell some of their music to pay for their travel expenses.
Cragun said the group, who he believes produces rap music, was traveling in a motor home that had art on the side that would appear to support a "south side (gang) organization." He said it was a mural of the various performers that "would be indicative of affiliation with gang members."
The victim approached a man in the parking lot and asked him about purchasing a CD. Cragun said the man said he wasn't interested and added that he was affiliated with a certain gang before leaving the scene.
Approximately an hour later, around 3 p.m., a vehicle came by with the man inside. As many as four shots are fired at the motor home, striking the man who was attempting to sell CDs in the abdomen.
"Seriously injured," the victim was transported to an area hospital. Cragun said the injury did not appear to be life-threatening.
Police are currently searching for the alleged shooter. He has been described as a Hispanic male in his 20s with facial tattoos and balding or bald hair. The suspect vehicle is a 1990s model Chevy Blazer in either gray or black. Those with information can call Ogden Police at 801-629-8221.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 28
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20