MIDVALE — A suspected drunk driver hit a parked vehicle and three people standing by it early Saturday morning, according to police.
Two individuals were hospitalized from injuries received in the 3:30 a.m. accident, on the off-ramp at 7200 South, according to Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal. He said it wasn't clear why the initial vehicle was stopped on the side of the road, but that it might have been out of gas or inoperable.
The 22-year-old driver of the vehicle that hit the parked car was not injured, but was believed by police to have been drinking alcohol.
Of the two taken to an area hospital, one received minor injuries and the other had serious injuries.
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15