Utah State tennis: Aggies battle in singles competition at ITA Regionals
On the third day of play at the women’s Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) Mountain Regional Championships, three Aggie women competed in singes competition. Due to weather complications, only two rounds were played.
In the second round of the main draw, sophomore McKenzie Davis defeated Char Hjalmarsson of Montana State (6-1, 6-1). Senior Jaci West took down Mary Meyers of The Air Force Accademy in a three set battle (4-6, 6-4, 6-4). Sophomore Hillary Hays was eliminated by UNLV’s Lucia Batta in straight sets (6-3, 6-0).
After fighting for three sets Davis was eliminated in the third round by Alexander Kovacs of Wyoming (6-4, 4-6, 6-1). West was taken down by the Rebel’s Aleksandra Josifoska (6-1, 6-0).
Play will continue from Las Vegas throughout the weekend.
Singles Round Two
Lucia Batta (UNLV) def. Hillary Hays (USU) 6-3, 6-0
McKenzie Davis (USU) def. Char Hjalmarsson (MSU) 6-1, 6-1
Jaci West (USU) def. Mary Meyers (AFA) 4-6, 6-4, 6-4
Singles Round Three
Alexander Kovacs (WYO) def. McKenzie Davis (USU) 6-4, 4-6, 6-1
Aleksandra Josifoska (UNLV) def. Jaci West (USU) 6-1, 6-0
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Kevin Durant leads US to second exhibition...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 33
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 18