Utah State tennis: Aggies battle in singles competition at ITA Regionals
On the third day of play at the women’s Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) Mountain Regional Championships, three Aggie women competed in singes competition. Due to weather complications, only two rounds were played.
In the second round of the main draw, sophomore McKenzie Davis defeated Char Hjalmarsson of Montana State (6-1, 6-1). Senior Jaci West took down Mary Meyers of The Air Force Accademy in a three set battle (4-6, 6-4, 6-4). Sophomore Hillary Hays was eliminated by UNLV’s Lucia Batta in straight sets (6-3, 6-0).
After fighting for three sets Davis was eliminated in the third round by Alexander Kovacs of Wyoming (6-4, 4-6, 6-1). West was taken down by the Rebel’s Aleksandra Josifoska (6-1, 6-0).
Play will continue from Las Vegas throughout the weekend.
Singles Round Two
Lucia Batta (UNLV) def. Hillary Hays (USU) 6-3, 6-0
McKenzie Davis (USU) def. Char Hjalmarsson (MSU) 6-1, 6-1
Jaci West (USU) def. Mary Meyers (AFA) 4-6, 6-4, 6-4
Singles Round Three
Alexander Kovacs (WYO) def. McKenzie Davis (USU) 6-4, 4-6, 6-1
Aleksandra Josifoska (UNLV) def. Jaci West (USU) 6-1, 6-0
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 4: Ranking the...
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Branden Bowen commits...
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- Ute coach Kyle Whittingham congratulates...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Knuckleheads with...
- Pac-12 conference is off to strong start in 2014
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 163
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 112
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 84
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads... 28