Utah State tennis: Aggies battle in singles competition at ITA Regionals
On the third day of play at the women’s Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) Mountain Regional Championships, three Aggie women competed in singes competition. Due to weather complications, only two rounds were played.
In the second round of the main draw, sophomore McKenzie Davis defeated Char Hjalmarsson of Montana State (6-1, 6-1). Senior Jaci West took down Mary Meyers of The Air Force Accademy in a three set battle (4-6, 6-4, 6-4). Sophomore Hillary Hays was eliminated by UNLV’s Lucia Batta in straight sets (6-3, 6-0).
After fighting for three sets Davis was eliminated in the third round by Alexander Kovacs of Wyoming (6-4, 4-6, 6-1). West was taken down by the Rebel’s Aleksandra Josifoska (6-1, 6-0).
Play will continue from Las Vegas throughout the weekend.
Singles Round Two
Lucia Batta (UNLV) def. Hillary Hays (USU) 6-3, 6-0
McKenzie Davis (USU) def. Char Hjalmarsson (MSU) 6-1, 6-1
Jaci West (USU) def. Mary Meyers (AFA) 4-6, 6-4, 6-4
Singles Round Three
Alexander Kovacs (WYO) def. McKenzie Davis (USU) 6-4, 4-6, 6-1
Aleksandra Josifoska (UNLV) def. Jaci West (USU) 6-1, 6-0
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22