Utah State tennis: Aggies battle in singles competition at ITA Regionals
On the third day of play at the women’s Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) Mountain Regional Championships, three Aggie women competed in singes competition. Due to weather complications, only two rounds were played.
In the second round of the main draw, sophomore McKenzie Davis defeated Char Hjalmarsson of Montana State (6-1, 6-1). Senior Jaci West took down Mary Meyers of The Air Force Accademy in a three set battle (4-6, 6-4, 6-4). Sophomore Hillary Hays was eliminated by UNLV’s Lucia Batta in straight sets (6-3, 6-0).
After fighting for three sets Davis was eliminated in the third round by Alexander Kovacs of Wyoming (6-4, 4-6, 6-1). West was taken down by the Rebel’s Aleksandra Josifoska (6-1, 6-0).
Play will continue from Las Vegas throughout the weekend.
Singles Round Two
Lucia Batta (UNLV) def. Hillary Hays (USU) 6-3, 6-0
McKenzie Davis (USU) def. Char Hjalmarsson (MSU) 6-1, 6-1
Jaci West (USU) def. Mary Meyers (AFA) 4-6, 6-4, 6-4
Singles Round Three
Alexander Kovacs (WYO) def. McKenzie Davis (USU) 6-4, 4-6, 6-1
Aleksandra Josifoska (UNLV) def. Jaci West (USU) 6-1, 6-0
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Olympic organizers suspect 'isolated'...
- Cavaliers re-sign veteran forward Richard...
- Jimmy Walker opens with 65 at stifling PGA;...
- Akpom scores deciding goal as Arsenal tops...
- Streb shoots 63 and joins Walker in lead at PGA
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 64
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 52
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 39
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 20