Utah State tennis: Aggies battle in singles competition at ITA Regionals
On the third day of play at the women’s Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) Mountain Regional Championships, three Aggie women competed in singes competition. Due to weather complications, only two rounds were played.
In the second round of the main draw, sophomore McKenzie Davis defeated Char Hjalmarsson of Montana State (6-1, 6-1). Senior Jaci West took down Mary Meyers of The Air Force Accademy in a three set battle (4-6, 6-4, 6-4). Sophomore Hillary Hays was eliminated by UNLV’s Lucia Batta in straight sets (6-3, 6-0).
After fighting for three sets Davis was eliminated in the third round by Alexander Kovacs of Wyoming (6-4, 4-6, 6-1). West was taken down by the Rebel’s Aleksandra Josifoska (6-1, 6-0).
Play will continue from Las Vegas throughout the weekend.
Singles Round Two
Lucia Batta (UNLV) def. Hillary Hays (USU) 6-3, 6-0
McKenzie Davis (USU) def. Char Hjalmarsson (MSU) 6-1, 6-1
Jaci West (USU) def. Mary Meyers (AFA) 4-6, 6-4, 6-4
Singles Round Three
Alexander Kovacs (WYO) def. McKenzie Davis (USU) 6-4, 4-6, 6-1
Aleksandra Josifoska (UNLV) def. Jaci West (USU) 6-1, 6-0
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- BYU football: The Nebraska Cornhuskers in 6...
- Red and blue recruits: Jaren Hall excited for...
- Cougars respect Nebraska, but say they...
- Utah's 'big game' against Big Blue has...
- Dick Harmon: College predictions: Utes to...
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault, riot...
- The top 25 NBA players under 25: Where do...
- Flaming spears, furry mascots and drum lines:...
- Lone Peak's Frank Jackson sees Duke as... 76
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault,... 69
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 51
- Michigan to debut its Harbaugh era in... 37
- Take expletives, not religion, out of... 30
- Cougars looking for special season with... 29
- Morning links: Taysom Hill, Chuckie... 28
- Utah's 'big game' against Big Blue has... 27