SAN ANTONIO -- The Utah Valley University men's golf team will tee it up at the Fourth Annual Lone Star Invitational hosted by the University of Texas-San Antonio Sunday-Tuesday.
The team hasn't played since finishing second at the Dash Thomas Memorial two weeks ago in Boise, Idaho.
Along with Utah Valley and UTSA, Arizona, Central Arkansas, Denver, Houston, Houston Baptist, Illinois State, New Mexico State, North Texas, Rice, Sacramento State, Southern Mississippi, Stephen F. Austin and Texas State will participate in the event being contested at the par-72, 6,931-yard Hill Country Resort Golf Club.
"After two weeks off the guys are excited to get out and compete again," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said. "The field this week is very strong. We are going to have to play well to be in it going into the final round, but our guys are up for the challenge."
The tournament can be followed here. The tournament begins from holes No. 1 and No. 10 at 7:30 a.m. MT each morning.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- Taysom Hill scores five touchdowns as BYU...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 48
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 44