SAN ANTONIO -- The Utah Valley University men's golf team will tee it up at the Fourth Annual Lone Star Invitational hosted by the University of Texas-San Antonio Sunday-Tuesday.
The team hasn't played since finishing second at the Dash Thomas Memorial two weeks ago in Boise, Idaho.
Along with Utah Valley and UTSA, Arizona, Central Arkansas, Denver, Houston, Houston Baptist, Illinois State, New Mexico State, North Texas, Rice, Sacramento State, Southern Mississippi, Stephen F. Austin and Texas State will participate in the event being contested at the par-72, 6,931-yard Hill Country Resort Golf Club.
"After two weeks off the guys are excited to get out and compete again," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said. "The field this week is very strong. We are going to have to play well to be in it going into the final round, but our guys are up for the challenge."
The tournament can be followed here. The tournament begins from holes No. 1 and No. 10 at 7:30 a.m. MT each morning.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22