SAN ANTONIO -- The Utah Valley University men's golf team will tee it up at the Fourth Annual Lone Star Invitational hosted by the University of Texas-San Antonio Sunday-Tuesday.
The team hasn't played since finishing second at the Dash Thomas Memorial two weeks ago in Boise, Idaho.
Along with Utah Valley and UTSA, Arizona, Central Arkansas, Denver, Houston, Houston Baptist, Illinois State, New Mexico State, North Texas, Rice, Sacramento State, Southern Mississippi, Stephen F. Austin and Texas State will participate in the event being contested at the par-72, 6,931-yard Hill Country Resort Golf Club.
"After two weeks off the guys are excited to get out and compete again," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said. "The field this week is very strong. We are going to have to play well to be in it going into the final round, but our guys are up for the challenge."
The tournament can be followed here. The tournament begins from holes No. 1 and No. 10 at 7:30 a.m. MT each morning.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7