MILLCREEK — Firefighters saved a home in Millcreek on Friday after a fire that started in a garage threatened the rest of the structure.
"When we arrived, we had a two-car garage, which was attached to the home, fully involved with fire," Unified Fire Authority spokesman Cliff Burningham said. "It did extend slightly into the home, doing minor damage to a bedroom and then a laundry room."
Burningham estimated damage at between $50,000 and $100,000. There is smoke damage throughout the home, he said.
The family likely will be displaced until repairs can be made, officials said.
It took crews just 12 minutes to put out the fire.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11