Utah Jazz basketball: Jazz defeat Oklahoma City in preseason test, 97-81
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Unfortunately for the Utah Jazz, Friday's game was just a preseason one.
Six Jazz players scored in double figures, led by Mo Williams' 15-point effort, as Utah defeated the defending Western Conference champion Oklahoma City Thunder 97-81 at EnergySolutions Arena.
Paul Millsap (grandmother's funeral) and Jamaal Tinsley (personal reasons) both missed Friday's game with excused absences, but all 15 available players saw action for the Jazz.
The Jazz's other new Williams — Marvin — finished with 10 points in his Utah debut. Fellow starters Al Jefferson (13 points, seven rebounds) and Gordon Hayward (12 points, seven rebounds) also played well in the team's first win of the exhibition season.
Favors, filling in for Millsap in the starting power forward role, was one of the few Jazz players who struggled. He only had one point on 1-for-5 shooting to go with four rebounds in 19 minutes.
Enes Kanter had his second straight double-double of the preseason with 12 points and 12 rebounds. Alec Burks had 11 points off the bench, including an alley-oop slam dunk off of a halfcourt pass from Chris Quinn.
The Jazz travel to Southern California for three games over the next five nights — two against the Lakers, including one Saturday night, and one against the Clippers.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26