Utah Jazz basketball: Jazz defeat Oklahoma City in preseason test, 97-81
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Unfortunately for the Utah Jazz, Friday's game was just a preseason one.
Six Jazz players scored in double figures, led by Mo Williams' 15-point effort, as Utah defeated the defending Western Conference champion Oklahoma City Thunder 97-81 at EnergySolutions Arena.
Paul Millsap (grandmother's funeral) and Jamaal Tinsley (personal reasons) both missed Friday's game with excused absences, but all 15 available players saw action for the Jazz.
The Jazz's other new Williams — Marvin — finished with 10 points in his Utah debut. Fellow starters Al Jefferson (13 points, seven rebounds) and Gordon Hayward (12 points, seven rebounds) also played well in the team's first win of the exhibition season.
Favors, filling in for Millsap in the starting power forward role, was one of the few Jazz players who struggled. He only had one point on 1-for-5 shooting to go with four rebounds in 19 minutes.
Enes Kanter had his second straight double-double of the preseason with 12 points and 12 rebounds. Alec Burks had 11 points off the bench, including an alley-oop slam dunk off of a halfcourt pass from Chris Quinn.
The Jazz travel to Southern California for three games over the next five nights — two against the Lakers, including one Saturday night, and one against the Clippers.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Perseverance pays off for Taele, a big...
- Morning links: ESPN takes deep dive into Utah...
- BYU football notebook: Running back position...
- High school football: Parry's Power Guide for...
- Dick Harmon: Want drama? Storylines galore?...
- BYU football: This Nephi played a role in...
- Tempers flare in Jazz's physical overtime win...
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5... 61
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 52
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 45
- Utah Utes football: The California... 28
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- After win, BYU looking to improve, get... 26
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 25
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22