GLENDALE, Kane County — A Kanab woman was killed Thursday night after she was ejected from a vehicle during a rollover accident about five miles east of Glendale.
Jaylyne Doramus, 21, was a backseat passenger in a Ford Explorer traveling on Glendale Bench Road about 9 p.m. when the SUV slid off the road and rolled. Slick roads may have contributed to the accident, according to the Kane County Sheriff's Office.
Doramus and the 47-year-old driver of the SUV were ejected from the vehicle. The driver and a third occupant, a 55-year-old man, were transported to Kane County Hospital. The extent of their injuries was unknown Friday.
Police say Doramus gave birth to a baby just two weeks ago. The infant was with the father in Kanab at the time of the accident.
The three Kanab residents were traveling to a friend's house in the Deer Springs Ranch area. Police said they were unfamiliar with the area and may have become lost.
Because of rain storms in the area Thursday night, the driver and the surviving passenger were unable to find a cell phone in the wreckage to call police until Friday morning. It took emergency responders nearly 50 minutes to locate the vehicle after the call was received.
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12