GLENDALE, Kane County — A Kanab woman was killed Thursday night after she was ejected from a vehicle during a rollover accident about five miles east of Glendale.
Jaylyne Doramus, 21, was a backseat passenger in a Ford Explorer traveling on Glendale Bench Road about 9 p.m. when the SUV slid off the road and rolled. Slick roads may have contributed to the accident, according to the Kane County Sheriff's Office.
Doramus and the 47-year-old driver of the SUV were ejected from the vehicle. The driver and a third occupant, a 55-year-old man, were transported to Kane County Hospital. The extent of their injuries was unknown Friday.
Police say Doramus gave birth to a baby just two weeks ago. The infant was with the father in Kanab at the time of the accident.
The three Kanab residents were traveling to a friend's house in the Deer Springs Ranch area. Police said they were unfamiliar with the area and may have become lost.
Because of rain storms in the area Thursday night, the driver and the surviving passenger were unable to find a cell phone in the wreckage to call police until Friday morning. It took emergency responders nearly 50 minutes to locate the vehicle after the call was received.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23