GLENDALE, Kane County — A Kanab woman was killed Thursday night after she was ejected from a vehicle during a rollover accident about five miles east of Glendale.
Jaylyne Doramus, 21, was a backseat passenger in a Ford Explorer traveling on Glendale Bench Road about 9 p.m. when the SUV slid off the road and rolled. Slick roads may have contributed to the accident, according to the Kane County Sheriff's Office.
Doramus and the 47-year-old driver of the SUV were ejected from the vehicle. The driver and a third occupant, a 55-year-old man, were transported to Kane County Hospital. The extent of their injuries was unknown Friday.
Police say Doramus gave birth to a baby just two weeks ago. The infant was with the father in Kanab at the time of the accident.
The three Kanab residents were traveling to a friend's house in the Deer Springs Ranch area. Police said they were unfamiliar with the area and may have become lost.
Because of rain storms in the area Thursday night, the driver and the surviving passenger were unable to find a cell phone in the wreckage to call police until Friday morning. It took emergency responders nearly 50 minutes to locate the vehicle after the call was received.
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to dial...
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Eagle Mountain man killed in alleged domestic...
- Doug Robinson: Managing a delicate balance
- Hope in a crisis: School, community leaders...
- Educators call for funding, legislation to...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 268
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 19
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 17
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 16