GLENDALE, Kane County — A Kanab woman was killed Thursday night after she was ejected from a vehicle during a rollover accident about five miles east of Glendale.
Jaylyne Doramus, 21, was a backseat passenger in a Ford Explorer traveling on Glendale Bench Road about 9 p.m. when the SUV slid off the road and rolled. Slick roads may have contributed to the accident, according to the Kane County Sheriff's Office.
Doramus and the 47-year-old driver of the SUV were ejected from the vehicle. The driver and a third occupant, a 55-year-old man, were transported to Kane County Hospital. The extent of their injuries was unknown Friday.
Police say Doramus gave birth to a baby just two weeks ago. The infant was with the father in Kanab at the time of the accident.
The three Kanab residents were traveling to a friend's house in the Deer Springs Ranch area. Police said they were unfamiliar with the area and may have become lost.
Because of rain storms in the area Thursday night, the driver and the surviving passenger were unable to find a cell phone in the wreckage to call police until Friday morning. It took emergency responders nearly 50 minutes to locate the vehicle after the call was received.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23