NAPERVILLE, Ill. - Utah Valley University's Trevor Sharp and Darian Sharp have been named Great West Conference Runners of the Week after outstanding performances last week. The award was announced Friday by the conference office.
Trevor Sharp, a sophomore from St. George, Utah, led the Wolverines to a first-place finish at last week's Color Country Invitational at Cedar City, Utah. Sharp finished fourth of 143 competitors and ran the 6K race in a time of 19:04:20. In addition to Utah Valley, the meet also featured teams from Dixie State, Idaho State and host Southern Utah.
On the women's side, Darian Sharp took the honors after a second-place finish, propelling the UVU women to the team win. The freshman from St. George, Utah, ran a 4K time of 14:12.20. The women's race featured 56 runners from UVU, DSU, ISU, Utah State and the host Thunderbirds.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 108
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 22
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21