NAPERVILLE, Ill. - Utah Valley University's Trevor Sharp and Darian Sharp have been named Great West Conference Runners of the Week after outstanding performances last week. The award was announced Friday by the conference office.
Trevor Sharp, a sophomore from St. George, Utah, led the Wolverines to a first-place finish at last week's Color Country Invitational at Cedar City, Utah. Sharp finished fourth of 143 competitors and ran the 6K race in a time of 19:04:20. In addition to Utah Valley, the meet also featured teams from Dixie State, Idaho State and host Southern Utah.
On the women's side, Darian Sharp took the honors after a second-place finish, propelling the UVU women to the team win. The freshman from St. George, Utah, ran a 4K time of 14:12.20. The women's race featured 56 runners from UVU, DSU, ISU, Utah State and the host Thunderbirds.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28