NAPERVILLE, Ill. - Utah Valley University's Trevor Sharp and Darian Sharp have been named Great West Conference Runners of the Week after outstanding performances last week. The award was announced Friday by the conference office.
Trevor Sharp, a sophomore from St. George, Utah, led the Wolverines to a first-place finish at last week's Color Country Invitational at Cedar City, Utah. Sharp finished fourth of 143 competitors and ran the 6K race in a time of 19:04:20. In addition to Utah Valley, the meet also featured teams from Dixie State, Idaho State and host Southern Utah.
On the women's side, Darian Sharp took the honors after a second-place finish, propelling the UVU women to the team win. The freshman from St. George, Utah, ran a 4K time of 14:12.20. The women's race featured 56 runners from UVU, DSU, ISU, Utah State and the host Thunderbirds.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 49
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 32
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 27