NAPERVILLE, Ill. - Utah Valley University's Trevor Sharp and Darian Sharp have been named Great West Conference Runners of the Week after outstanding performances last week. The award was announced Friday by the conference office.
Trevor Sharp, a sophomore from St. George, Utah, led the Wolverines to a first-place finish at last week's Color Country Invitational at Cedar City, Utah. Sharp finished fourth of 143 competitors and ran the 6K race in a time of 19:04:20. In addition to Utah Valley, the meet also featured teams from Dixie State, Idaho State and host Southern Utah.
On the women's side, Darian Sharp took the honors after a second-place finish, propelling the UVU women to the team win. The freshman from St. George, Utah, ran a 4K time of 14:12.20. The women's race featured 56 runners from UVU, DSU, ISU, Utah State and the host Thunderbirds.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Live streams: 1A volleyball tournament...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Ranking the starting centers in the NBA from...
- Middle Tennessee excited about home game...
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Utah Jazz get blown out by Dallas 120-102
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 59
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 54
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 47
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 34
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32