NAPERVILLE, Ill. - Utah Valley University's Trevor Sharp and Darian Sharp have been named Great West Conference Runners of the Week after outstanding performances last week. The award was announced Friday by the conference office.
Trevor Sharp, a sophomore from St. George, Utah, led the Wolverines to a first-place finish at last week's Color Country Invitational at Cedar City, Utah. Sharp finished fourth of 143 competitors and ran the 6K race in a time of 19:04:20. In addition to Utah Valley, the meet also featured teams from Dixie State, Idaho State and host Southern Utah.
On the women's side, Darian Sharp took the honors after a second-place finish, propelling the UVU women to the team win. The freshman from St. George, Utah, ran a 4K time of 14:12.20. The women's race featured 56 runners from UVU, DSU, ISU, Utah State and the host Thunderbirds.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21