Utah Association of Personal Historians
For those interested in writing their life story, the Utah Association of Personal Historians (APH) is hosting a conference and seminar at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center in West Valley City the weekend of Nov. 2-3.
The pre-conference seminar on Friday, Nov. 2, will include training sessions for those interested in developing a personal history business.
Featured keynote speakers at the event include Mary O'Brien Tyrrell and Dawn Thurston. Tyrrell is the author of "Become a Memorist for Elders" and has helped hundreds of seniors publish their life stories. Thurston, author of "Breathe Life into Your Story," has taught life story writing classes and seminars for years.
Participants may also choose from workshops on how to prepare a book, connect their stories to history, write life stories or record stories with electronic media.
Participants may register at www.utahaph.blogspot.com. The registration fee includes a printed syllabus and luncheon. Those who bring a friend receive a discount if registered before Oct. 24. For more information, including prices, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dave Homer at 801-641-4617 or Paulette Stevens at 801-261-5203.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup from...
- Family motto helps LDS couple put parenting...
- Motherhood Matters: What I learned from...
- 12 Disney movies that are coming out in 2015
- Top honeymoon destinations for 2015
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 11
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup... 11
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos... 5
- Family motto helps LDS couple put... 5
- Sherry Young: Nostalgia, airplanes and... 4
- Motherhood Matters: To grouchy moms... 4
- Does taking advantage of family leave... 4
- Dad gets 'no-show' bill after... 3