Utah Association of Personal Historians
For those interested in writing their life story, the Utah Association of Personal Historians (APH) is hosting a conference and seminar at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center in West Valley City the weekend of Nov. 2-3.
The pre-conference seminar on Friday, Nov. 2, will include training sessions for those interested in developing a personal history business.
Featured keynote speakers at the event include Mary O'Brien Tyrrell and Dawn Thurston. Tyrrell is the author of "Become a Memorist for Elders" and has helped hundreds of seniors publish their life stories. Thurston, author of "Breathe Life into Your Story," has taught life story writing classes and seminars for years.
Participants may also choose from workshops on how to prepare a book, connect their stories to history, write life stories or record stories with electronic media.
Participants may register at www.utahaph.blogspot.com. The registration fee includes a printed syllabus and luncheon. Those who bring a friend receive a discount if registered before Oct. 24. For more information, including prices, email email@example.com or call Dave Homer at 801-641-4617 or Paulette Stevens at 801-261-5203.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- In music video, boy band tells Provo women...
- Ballet to Broadway: Two Utah-native siblings...
- Should you tell your spouse the little white...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- 25 ways I know my husband loves me
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 45
- Character counts, but politics, gender... 28
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 20
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Why do Elsa's and Anna's parents have... 6
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be... 4
- Is the 'friend zone' a bad thing? 4