DVD review: 'The San Fransico 49ers: Team of the '80s' appeals to both football and non-football fans
Gaiam Vivendi Entertainment
Released a month ago, “The San Francisco 49ers: Team of the '80s” is an interesting and well-produced film by Gaiam Vivendi Entertainment. It is a DVD that will appeal to both football and non-football fans.
The film follows legendary 49ers head coach Bill Walsh. During the '80s Walsh led the 49ers to many victories, including three Super Bowl titles. Walsh developed what is known as the “West Coast Offense,” which was attributed to the team’s phenomenal offensive techniques. Walsh was also named NFL Coach of the Year for his contributions to the football world.
Fans of the 49ers will be able to relive “The Catch” and the last few minutes of Super Bowl XXIII.
“San Francisco 49ers: Team of the '80s” seems like it was made for The History Channel. It gives life to a team whose origins are relatively unknown.
Not only does the DVD give extensive details about the 49ers' offensive and defensive systems, it sheds light on the team's winning philosophy. The 49ers created a unit that demanded excellence at a personal and professional level.
The DVD pays homage to 49er icons like Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and Walsh. These are names that most people have heard of, but some may ultimately know very little about their backgrounds. The DVD replays the moments that made these men household names.
One does not have to be literate in football to enjoy the film. They can simply enjoy the story and watch the progression of one of the NFL’s greatest teams.
Shelby Scoffield has a Bachelors in English from Brigham Young University and a Masters in Rhetoric and Composition from Stanislaus State University. She is currently working on her teaching credentials so she can teach high school English.
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the...
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of...
- The Clean Cut: Two popular YouTube singers...
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Sundance's 'Fiddler' makes tradition fun, fresh
- Big on opera: Utah Opera's artistic director...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Sarah Palin launches online... 9
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The... 3
- Disney moves toward $10 hourly starting... 2
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for... 2
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes... 2