LOGAN — Utah State University officials are celebrating the culmination of a nine-year, $400 million fundraising campaign.
The fundraising total will be announced Friday night at a celebration in the Taggart Student Center Ballroom, but spokesman Tim Vitale said the university succeeded at raising more than the $400 million goal.
The campaign began in 2003 and was originally intended as a four-year campaign to raise $200 million, Vitale said. That goal was reached quickly, prompting USU President Stan Albrecht to extend the campaign and set a revised goal of $400 million.
According to university officials, the campaign's nine-year term has coincided with new buildings, scholarships and endowments at USU. More than 50,000 individual donors contributed to the campaign's success.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 51
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 23
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 12