LOGAN — Utah State University officials are celebrating the culmination of a nine-year, $400 million fundraising campaign.
The fundraising total will be announced Friday night at a celebration in the Taggart Student Center Ballroom, but spokesman Tim Vitale said the university succeeded at raising more than the $400 million goal.
The campaign began in 2003 and was originally intended as a four-year campaign to raise $200 million, Vitale said. That goal was reached quickly, prompting USU President Stan Albrecht to extend the campaign and set a revised goal of $400 million.
According to university officials, the campaign's nine-year term has coincided with new buildings, scholarships and endowments at USU. More than 50,000 individual donors contributed to the campaign's success.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15