LOGAN — Utah State University officials are celebrating the culmination of a nine-year, $400 million fundraising campaign.
The fundraising total will be announced Friday night at a celebration in the Taggart Student Center Ballroom, but spokesman Tim Vitale said the university succeeded at raising more than the $400 million goal.
The campaign began in 2003 and was originally intended as a four-year campaign to raise $200 million, Vitale said. That goal was reached quickly, prompting USU President Stan Albrecht to extend the campaign and set a revised goal of $400 million.
According to university officials, the campaign's nine-year term has coincided with new buildings, scholarships and endowments at USU. More than 50,000 individual donors contributed to the campaign's success.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15