LOGAN — Utah State University officials are celebrating the culmination of a nine-year, $400 million fundraising campaign.
The fundraising total will be announced Friday night at a celebration in the Taggart Student Center Ballroom, but spokesman Tim Vitale said the university succeeded at raising more than the $400 million goal.
The campaign began in 2003 and was originally intended as a four-year campaign to raise $200 million, Vitale said. That goal was reached quickly, prompting USU President Stan Albrecht to extend the campaign and set a revised goal of $400 million.
According to university officials, the campaign's nine-year term has coincided with new buildings, scholarships and endowments at USU. More than 50,000 individual donors contributed to the campaign's success.
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14