LOGAN — Utah State University officials are celebrating the culmination of a nine-year, $400 million fundraising campaign.
The fundraising total will be announced Friday night at a celebration in the Taggart Student Center Ballroom, but spokesman Tim Vitale said the university succeeded at raising more than the $400 million goal.
The campaign began in 2003 and was originally intended as a four-year campaign to raise $200 million, Vitale said. That goal was reached quickly, prompting USU President Stan Albrecht to extend the campaign and set a revised goal of $400 million.
According to university officials, the campaign's nine-year term has coincided with new buildings, scholarships and endowments at USU. More than 50,000 individual donors contributed to the campaign's success.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8