Woman in critical condition after being hit by car in Murray
MURRAY — A 53-year-old woman was in extremely critical condition Thursday night after being hit by a car while crossing a dark area of State Street.
The woman exited a bus at 4180 S. State about 8:30 p.m. and attempted to cross to the east side of the street, police said.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said the woman did not use a crosswalk and the area was poorly lit. The driver of the northbound vehicle simply didn't see her, Hoyal said.
The woman suffered head injuries. The driver was unharmed.
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- Herriman man says his brain tumor felt like a...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 33
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9