Woman in critical condition after being hit by car in Murray
MURRAY — A 53-year-old woman was in extremely critical condition Thursday night after being hit by a car while crossing a dark area of State Street.
The woman exited a bus at 4180 S. State about 8:30 p.m. and attempted to cross to the east side of the street, police said.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said the woman did not use a crosswalk and the area was poorly lit. The driver of the northbound vehicle simply didn't see her, Hoyal said.
The woman suffered head injuries. The driver was unharmed.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Huntsville man with unreported history of...
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight with...
- Father, son make first court appearance in...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 70
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 16