Man injured when truck crashes through Herriman yards
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
HERRIMAN — A 38-year-old man was in serious condition Thursday night after crashing a pickup through two fences and two backyards near Rocky Point Drive (13765 South) and 5600 West.
Police say the truck crashed though the fence about 8:30 p.m., drove through a home's backyard and crashed through another fence into the backyard of a house at the corner of Draft Horse Court and 5600 West. The driver was transported to Intermountain Medical Center by medical helicopter.
Officers said alcohol was a contributing factor in the crash.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said the truck was traveling north on 5600 West at a high rate of speed. The driver approached a vehicle at a stop sign and veered to avoid it, clipping the car before passing through the fence, Hoyal said.
The female driver of the stopped car was in good condition at the scene, Hoyal said.
After passing through the backyard and a second fence, the truck flipped up on one side and fell back onto all four wheels before coming to a stop, Hoyal said.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 114
- Obama expected to stay overnight in... 59
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 42
- School leaders look for solutions to... 26
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 23
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 16
- San Diego woman wins damages against... 16
- Man who crashed truck into house... 12