Man injured when truck crashes through Herriman yards
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
HERRIMAN — A 38-year-old man was in serious condition Thursday night after crashing a pickup through two fences and two backyards near Rocky Point Drive (13765 South) and 5600 West.
Police say the truck crashed though the fence about 8:30 p.m., drove through a home's backyard and crashed through another fence into the backyard of a house at the corner of Draft Horse Court and 5600 West. The driver was transported to Intermountain Medical Center by medical helicopter.
Officers said alcohol was a contributing factor in the crash.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said the truck was traveling north on 5600 West at a high rate of speed. The driver approached a vehicle at a stop sign and veered to avoid it, clipping the car before passing through the fence, Hoyal said.
The female driver of the stopped car was in good condition at the scene, Hoyal said.
After passing through the backyard and a second fence, the truck flipped up on one side and fell back onto all four wheels before coming to a stop, Hoyal said.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama administration...
- 5 memorable ways to pamper your family this...
- Provo’s Bikes and Trikes Festival is...
- Cedar Hills’ Family Festival kicks off...
- Don't know what's causing your infection? Ask...
- U. study shows how huge landslide shaped Zion...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 109
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 22
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 15
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8