Man injured when truck crashes through Herriman yards
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
HERRIMAN — A 38-year-old man was in serious condition Thursday night after crashing a pickup through two fences and two backyards near Rocky Point Drive (13765 South) and 5600 West.
Police say the truck crashed though the fence about 8:30 p.m., drove through a home's backyard and crashed through another fence into the backyard of a house at the corner of Draft Horse Court and 5600 West. The driver was transported to Intermountain Medical Center by medical helicopter.
Officers said alcohol was a contributing factor in the crash.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said the truck was traveling north on 5600 West at a high rate of speed. The driver approached a vehicle at a stop sign and veered to avoid it, clipping the car before passing through the fence, Hoyal said.
The female driver of the stopped car was in good condition at the scene, Hoyal said.
After passing through the backyard and a second fence, the truck flipped up on one side and fell back onto all four wheels before coming to a stop, Hoyal said.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15