Man injured when truck crashes through Herriman yards
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
HERRIMAN — A 38-year-old man was in serious condition Thursday night after crashing a pickup through two fences and two backyards near Rocky Point Drive (13765 South) and 5600 West.
Police say the truck crashed though the fence about 8:30 p.m., drove through a home's backyard and crashed through another fence into the backyard of a house at the corner of Draft Horse Court and 5600 West. The driver was transported to Intermountain Medical Center by medical helicopter.
Officers said alcohol was a contributing factor in the crash.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said the truck was traveling north on 5600 West at a high rate of speed. The driver approached a vehicle at a stop sign and veered to avoid it, clipping the car before passing through the fence, Hoyal said.
The female driver of the stopped car was in good condition at the scene, Hoyal said.
After passing through the backyard and a second fence, the truck flipped up on one side and fell back onto all four wheels before coming to a stop, Hoyal said.
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty to...
- Lagoon's Cannibal ride makes late but...
- Desire to serve: Even a gunshot couldn't keep...
- Elderly man hit, killed while changing tire
- Utah farmer turns alfalfa field into the...
- Two fires were purposely set at U. fraternity...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry... 96
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 61
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 28
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 26
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 14