Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
HERRIMAN — A 38-year-old man was in serious condition Thursday night after crashing a pickup through two fences and two backyards near Rocky Point Drive (13765 South) and 5600 West.
Police say the truck crashed though the fence about 8:30 p.m., drove through a home's backyard and crashed through another fence into the backyard of a house at the corner of Draft Horse Court and 5600 West. The driver was transported to Intermountain Medical Center by medical helicopter.
Officers said alcohol was a contributing factor in the crash.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said the truck was traveling north on 5600 West at a high rate of speed. The driver approached a vehicle at a stop sign and veered to avoid it, clipping the car before passing through the fence, Hoyal said.
The female driver of the stopped car was in good condition at the scene, Hoyal said.
After passing through the backyard and a second fence, the truck flipped up on one side and fell back onto all four wheels before coming to a stop, Hoyal said.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Ex-nurse accused of sexually abusing,...
- Man accused in wife's death loved her, 'had...
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 38
- Do Utah high school students need four... 32
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 21
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Young adults are faced with risky... 17
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists... 14
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11