The CNN focus group tracker found that women tended to rate Ryan more highly, but there was one moment in the debate when Ryan's numbers on the tracker--which measures the real time responses of selected voters--fell considerably. It was when he was explaining his position on abortion and how his Catholic faith influenced it. As he spoke, the tracker which generally hovered above or at neutral dipped noticeably negative -- more for women than men, but for both.
The comment was a bit awkward, as the Romney camp had sought to assure swing voters this week that there would no abortion policy agenda in a Romney administration, a reassurance that Ryan did not really tack on to his comment.
An odd moment in the debate occurred when the moderator asked each of them to respond to criticism from a veteran that the campaign has been too negative. Both Ryan and Biden paid tribute to the veteran, and then made only an oblique run at the question before launching harsh attacks on the other camp through the remainder of their response.
Air time between the two candidates was roughly even, according to CNN, which Biden holding the floor for 1:20 more than Ryan.
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in 2015...
- Girl Scouts asked to end partnership with Barbie
- Obama administration allows 2-year extension...
- New Ukraine prime minister: Crimea will...
- 23 Mormon missionaries in Ukraine transferred...
- Looking to win a battle in the 16th century?...
- US announces visa restrictions on Russians
- Former baseball star Mariano Rivera rescues,...
- No longer loyal to Boy Scouts of... 51
- Obama administration allows 2-year... 22
- Putin: Russia has right to use force in... 21
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in... 20
- Thousands march in pro-invasion rally... 11
- Obama appeals to Democrats in 2015... 11
- Former IRS official Lois Lerner again... 10
- Ukrainian software professionals... 10