HEBER CITY — A 40-year-old Heber City woman faces child abuse and other charges after police say she facilitated a sexual relationship between her 14-year-old daughter and the girl's 17-year-old boyfriend.
Police say the woman enabled the sexual relationship by picking up the 17-year-old boy and bringing him back to her home to have sex with her daughter.
The woman told police she would wait for her husband to fall asleep before going to pick up the boy, according to charges filed Thursday in 4th District Court. She also would set her alarm so she could wake up the boy and take him home prior to her husband waking up, charges state.
One one occasion, the woman woke up the boy and made him leave through the girl's bedroom window because her husband woke up early, according to the charges. She picked up the boy later that morning and drove him home after her husband left, charges state.
The woman also told police she provided alcohol for her daughter and the boy on one occasion, according to the charges.
The woman faces a single count of child abuse and two counts of providing alcohol to a minor, both class A misdemeanors, and two counts of accessory to unlawful sexual activity with a minor, a class B misdemeanor.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- Students test interactive experiences ahead...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 78
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 14