High school football: Timpanogos eases past Provo in Region 8 action
PROVO — Kaden Bramhall tossed four touchdown passes as Timpanogos eased past Provo 37-12 in prep football action Wednesday night. With the win, the Timberwolves moved to 4-2 in league play while Provo fell to 0-6.
The Bulldogs responded as Roman Wendelboe electrified the home crowd with 60-yard catch and run. The missed extra point left Provo trailing 7-6.
After a 25-yard field goal by Herrick, Bramhall went to work with three touchdown passes in the second stanza. Bramhall hooked up with Jaxon Beck on a 21-yard scoring reception. Herrick missed the point after and the Timberwolves led 16-6.
Bramhall's next scoring connection came via a 28-yard connection with CJ Schroeppell. The successful point after put Timpanogos ahead 23-6.
The Bulldogs showed some bite as Wendelboe returned the ensuing kickoff 90 yards to paydirt to trim Timpanogos' lead to 23-12.
Just before halftime, Bramhall engineered one last scoring drive as he hooked up with Dunford on a 20-yard strike. Herrick again connected on the extra point and Timpanogos went to the locker room with a 30-12 lead.
In its first drive of the second half, Timpanogos put the game away as Bramhall found Trayce Esteban on 17-yarder and Herrick's extra point finished off the Bulldogs 37-12.
The win was important for Timpanogos, which still hopes to secure the second seed and thus a home playoff game in the 4A playoffs.
At 4-2, the Timberwolves trail Orem (5-1) in the Region 8 standings. However, a win next week against the Golden Tigers would force a second place tie with Orem and most likely Maple Mountain, who takes on Salem Hills. Then the coin tossing can begin. If Salem Hills does pull the upset, the win against Orem would give the Timberwolves the second seed outright based on a head-to-head victory it would own over its rival.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Doug Robinson: Weber State track coach isn't...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- J.J. O'Brien's basketball career comes full...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 104
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27