High school football: Timpanogos eases past Provo in Region 8 action
PROVO — Kaden Bramhall tossed four touchdown passes as Timpanogos eased past Provo 37-12 in prep football action Wednesday night. With the win, the Timberwolves moved to 4-2 in league play while Provo fell to 0-6.
The Bulldogs responded as Roman Wendelboe electrified the home crowd with 60-yard catch and run. The missed extra point left Provo trailing 7-6.
After a 25-yard field goal by Herrick, Bramhall went to work with three touchdown passes in the second stanza. Bramhall hooked up with Jaxon Beck on a 21-yard scoring reception. Herrick missed the point after and the Timberwolves led 16-6.
Bramhall's next scoring connection came via a 28-yard connection with CJ Schroeppell. The successful point after put Timpanogos ahead 23-6.
The Bulldogs showed some bite as Wendelboe returned the ensuing kickoff 90 yards to paydirt to trim Timpanogos' lead to 23-12.
Just before halftime, Bramhall engineered one last scoring drive as he hooked up with Dunford on a 20-yard strike. Herrick again connected on the extra point and Timpanogos went to the locker room with a 30-12 lead.
In its first drive of the second half, Timpanogos put the game away as Bramhall found Trayce Esteban on 17-yarder and Herrick's extra point finished off the Bulldogs 37-12.
The win was important for Timpanogos, which still hopes to secure the second seed and thus a home playoff game in the 4A playoffs.
At 4-2, the Timberwolves trail Orem (5-1) in the Region 8 standings. However, a win next week against the Golden Tigers would force a second place tie with Orem and most likely Maple Mountain, who takes on Salem Hills. Then the coin tossing can begin. If Salem Hills does pull the upset, the win against Orem would give the Timberwolves the second seed outright based on a head-to-head victory it would own over its rival.
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces...
- Ranking the best rookie seasons in Utah Jazz...
- BYU Football: Harvey Jackson bolsters BYU's...
- Surviving the unthinkable: Utah lineman who...
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay forever
- Forget Kaepernick, Taysom Hill should be...
- Season-ending victory hurts Utah Jazz's...
- Utah Jazz: Trey Burke scores career high in...
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 61
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment... 55
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay... 50
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces... 35
- Utah football: Utes are eager to pick... 33
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 24