SALT LAKE CITY — Former Olympic head coach Nell Fortner will speak to local women's basketball coaches Saturday at the University of Utah's Huntsman Center.
The Utah Women's Basketball Coaches Association will hold its annual clinic at the Huntsman Center from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The clinic will include information about rule changes, E3 basketball training and lunch. Fortner will address local coaches at 10:30 a.m.
Fortner coached the U.S. women's basketball team to a gold medal in the 2000 Olympic Games. She also coached at Purdue and Auburn universities, as well as coaching the Indiana Fever in the WNBA. She has also worked as an analyst on ESPN.
Registration is available at UWBCA.org and at the clinic that morning. Only head coaches must pay the $40 fee, while all assistant coaches are free. Other questions can be directed to Taylorsville head coach and UWBCA president Vicki Bohney.
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Locals and the NFL playoffs: Alex... 1
- Herriman brothers say their bond,... 1
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015 0
- High school basketball: Morby's... 0
- How to watch Utah football stars, local... 0
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers... 0
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins... 0
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery:... 0