SALT LAKE CITY — Former Olympic head coach Nell Fortner will speak to local women's basketball coaches Saturday at the University of Utah's Huntsman Center.
The Utah Women's Basketball Coaches Association will hold its annual clinic at the Huntsman Center from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The clinic will include information about rule changes, E3 basketball training and lunch. Fortner will address local coaches at 10:30 a.m.
Fortner coached the U.S. women's basketball team to a gold medal in the 2000 Olympic Games. She also coached at Purdue and Auburn universities, as well as coaching the Indiana Fever in the WNBA. She has also worked as an analyst on ESPN.
Registration is available at UWBCA.org and at the clinic that morning. Only head coaches must pay the $40 fee, while all assistant coaches are free. Other questions can be directed to Taylorsville head coach and UWBCA president Vicki Bohney.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20