SALT LAKE CITY — Former Olympic head coach Nell Fortner will speak to local women's basketball coaches Saturday at the University of Utah's Huntsman Center.
The Utah Women's Basketball Coaches Association will hold its annual clinic at the Huntsman Center from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The clinic will include information about rule changes, E3 basketball training and lunch. Fortner will address local coaches at 10:30 a.m.
Fortner coached the U.S. women's basketball team to a gold medal in the 2000 Olympic Games. She also coached at Purdue and Auburn universities, as well as coaching the Indiana Fever in the WNBA. She has also worked as an analyst on ESPN.
Registration is available at UWBCA.org and at the clinic that morning. Only head coaches must pay the $40 fee, while all assistant coaches are free. Other questions can be directed to Taylorsville head coach and UWBCA president Vicki Bohney.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 22