SALT LAKE CITY — Former Olympic head coach Nell Fortner will speak to local women's basketball coaches Saturday at the University of Utah's Huntsman Center.
The Utah Women's Basketball Coaches Association will hold its annual clinic at the Huntsman Center from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The clinic will include information about rule changes, E3 basketball training and lunch. Fortner will address local coaches at 10:30 a.m.
Fortner coached the U.S. women's basketball team to a gold medal in the 2000 Olympic Games. She also coached at Purdue and Auburn universities, as well as coaching the Indiana Fever in the WNBA. She has also worked as an analyst on ESPN.
Registration is available at UWBCA.org and at the clinic that morning. Only head coaches must pay the $40 fee, while all assistant coaches are free. Other questions can be directed to Taylorsville head coach and UWBCA president Vicki Bohney.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- What are the chances? Breaking down NBA...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16