BYU golf: nine place finish at Price’s “Give ‘Em Five” Intercollegiate
LAS CRUCES, N.M. – The BYU women’s golf team finished the final day at the Price’s “Give ‘Em Five” Intercollegiate in ninth place after steady play from junior Annika Kahaiali’i and senior Amanda Keith.
Kahaiali’i shot a final round 76 (+4) to finish the 54-hole tournament with a nine-over-par 225, the team’s low score. She finished the tournament tied for 24th on the player leaderboard, her best finish of the fall season.
“Annika’s always pretty consistent,” head coach Carrie Roberts said. “She just continued to play like she does. It was a good week for her. She felt comfortable and it was fun to watch.”
Keith had a strong final round, converting four birdies to shoot a one-over-par 73. Freshman Lea Garner shot a final round 74 (+2), while junior Selu Fotu shot a nine-over-par 81. All three finished the tournament tied for 36th place in the individual standings.
The Cougars finished the tournament with a total team score of 901 (+37) after shooting a combined 13 over-par 301 in Wednesday's final round.
The Cougars wrap up their fall tournament schedule Oct. 30-31 as they travel to Wahiawa, Hawaii to compete in the Rainbow Wahine Invitational.
Chris Scheitinger is a student at Brigham Young University studying Public Relations. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48