Rob Bossi, Canyons Resort
Canyons Resort was named one of the 10 best ski resorts in North America for the first time ever in SKI Magazine's reader survey.
Three Utah resorts now make the top 10. The full list comes out Oct. 16, the magazine said. Deer Valley dropped to second place from first last season, while Park City Mountain Resort jumped to fourth place from sixth, according to SKI Magazine. Canyons rose to 10th place from number 16 last year.
"On behalf of the 2,000 guides (employees) who help our guests enjoy extraordinary experiences 365 days a year, I'm thrilled to share this news," Canyons Resort managing director Mike Goar, said in a statement. "Talisker has invested so much - not just in money, but in time and people and dreams - that we’re grateful that the general public has responded so enthusiastically. This truly is a special mountain with incredibly diverse terrain, wonderful people and The Greatest Snow on Earth.”
The resort has invested $50 million in infrastructure since 2010, including installing the only heated-seat chairlift in North America and adding 300 acres of intermediate and advanced trails at Iron Mountain and various upgrades to the resort village and dining.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Four being questioned in attempted murder of...
- List of potential prison sites cut to three
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 95
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 20
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 15
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal... 11