Rob Bossi, Canyons Resort
Canyons Resort was named one of the 10 best ski resorts in North America for the first time ever in SKI Magazine's reader survey.
Three Utah resorts now make the top 10. The full list comes out Oct. 16, the magazine said. Deer Valley dropped to second place from first last season, while Park City Mountain Resort jumped to fourth place from sixth, according to SKI Magazine. Canyons rose to 10th place from number 16 last year.
"On behalf of the 2,000 guides (employees) who help our guests enjoy extraordinary experiences 365 days a year, I'm thrilled to share this news," Canyons Resort managing director Mike Goar, said in a statement. "Talisker has invested so much - not just in money, but in time and people and dreams - that we’re grateful that the general public has responded so enthusiastically. This truly is a special mountain with incredibly diverse terrain, wonderful people and The Greatest Snow on Earth.”
The resort has invested $50 million in infrastructure since 2010, including installing the only heated-seat chairlift in North America and adding 300 acres of intermediate and advanced trails at Iron Mountain and various upgrades to the resort village and dining.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- Salt Lake man killed, 3 others injured in...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 72
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17