Notre Dame — 1958-1960: The Irish went 13-6-2 over three seasons and Frank Felice grabbed All-State honors in 1959. Notre Dame, in Price, competed in football for 15 years, from 1955-69.
Ogden — 1958-1967: During Chris Apostol’s last two seasons, Norris Johansen’s five years and Wilf Christensen’s first three, the Tigers won a pair of state titles and four region crowns. Capped by 11-0 seasons in ’58 and ’66, Ogden’s only undefeated, untied campaigns, the Tigers roared to a 73-19-4 record. Ogden twice enjoyed school-record 12-game winning streaks and the ’58 team shut out seven of 11 opponents. Bob McConnell and Bruce Samples made the All-State team for 1958, while Jack Brown, Larry Cole, Paul Fraughton and Ron Lynce represented the ’66 title squad. In addition, Henry Owens (’62-63) was a two-time All-State player.
Park City — 1979-1983: The Miners wore region crowns from 1980-83 and advanced to the championship once and the semifinals three other times. Robert Burns coached Park City to 21 shutouts in 54 games en route to a 41-13 record. The Miners lost just eight regular-season contests in five years. They also won 10 straight games, a school record, in 1983 (later matched in 2006 and ’09). Troy Packard (’80-81) and Steve Toly (’80-81) were two-time All-State honorees.
South Sevier — 1971-1974:The Rams fought their way to region championships all four years, made two semifinal appearances and won 26 games under Richard Orr. The ’72 squad won a school-high nine contests. Brent Roberts (’71-72) became a two-time All-State player, while Kevin Burr (’72), Terry Bybee (’73), Mike Carr (’73), Don Farnsworth (’72), Wayne Mills (’72) and Dave Farley (’74) also appeared on All-State teams.
Felt’s Facts welcomes questions — email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25