Notre Dame — 1958-1960: The Irish went 13-6-2 over three seasons and Frank Felice grabbed All-State honors in 1959. Notre Dame, in Price, competed in football for 15 years, from 1955-69.
Ogden — 1958-1967: During Chris Apostol’s last two seasons, Norris Johansen’s five years and Wilf Christensen’s first three, the Tigers won a pair of state titles and four region crowns. Capped by 11-0 seasons in ’58 and ’66, Ogden’s only undefeated, untied campaigns, the Tigers roared to a 73-19-4 record. Ogden twice enjoyed school-record 12-game winning streaks and the ’58 team shut out seven of 11 opponents. Bob McConnell and Bruce Samples made the All-State team for 1958, while Jack Brown, Larry Cole, Paul Fraughton and Ron Lynce represented the ’66 title squad. In addition, Henry Owens (’62-63) was a two-time All-State player.
Park City — 1979-1983: The Miners wore region crowns from 1980-83 and advanced to the championship once and the semifinals three other times. Robert Burns coached Park City to 21 shutouts in 54 games en route to a 41-13 record. The Miners lost just eight regular-season contests in five years. They also won 10 straight games, a school record, in 1983 (later matched in 2006 and ’09). Troy Packard (’80-81) and Steve Toly (’80-81) were two-time All-State honorees.
South Sevier — 1971-1974:The Rams fought their way to region championships all four years, made two semifinal appearances and won 26 games under Richard Orr. The ’72 squad won a school-high nine contests. Brent Roberts (’71-72) became a two-time All-State player, while Kevin Burr (’72), Terry Bybee (’73), Mike Carr (’73), Don Farnsworth (’72), Wayne Mills (’72) and Dave Farley (’74) also appeared on All-State teams.
Felt’s Facts welcomes questions — email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 24
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22