Notre Dame — 1958-1960: The Irish went 13-6-2 over three seasons and Frank Felice grabbed All-State honors in 1959. Notre Dame, in Price, competed in football for 15 years, from 1955-69.
Ogden — 1958-1967: During Chris Apostol’s last two seasons, Norris Johansen’s five years and Wilf Christensen’s first three, the Tigers won a pair of state titles and four region crowns. Capped by 11-0 seasons in ’58 and ’66, Ogden’s only undefeated, untied campaigns, the Tigers roared to a 73-19-4 record. Ogden twice enjoyed school-record 12-game winning streaks and the ’58 team shut out seven of 11 opponents. Bob McConnell and Bruce Samples made the All-State team for 1958, while Jack Brown, Larry Cole, Paul Fraughton and Ron Lynce represented the ’66 title squad. In addition, Henry Owens (’62-63) was a two-time All-State player.
Park City — 1979-1983: The Miners wore region crowns from 1980-83 and advanced to the championship once and the semifinals three other times. Robert Burns coached Park City to 21 shutouts in 54 games en route to a 41-13 record. The Miners lost just eight regular-season contests in five years. They also won 10 straight games, a school record, in 1983 (later matched in 2006 and ’09). Troy Packard (’80-81) and Steve Toly (’80-81) were two-time All-State honorees.
South Sevier — 1971-1974:The Rams fought their way to region championships all four years, made two semifinal appearances and won 26 games under Richard Orr. The ’72 squad won a school-high nine contests. Brent Roberts (’71-72) became a two-time All-State player, while Kevin Burr (’72), Terry Bybee (’73), Mike Carr (’73), Don Farnsworth (’72), Wayne Mills (’72) and Dave Farley (’74) also appeared on All-State teams.
Felt’s Facts welcomes questions — email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33