Duchesne has at least a share of the region championship and Rich has clinched at least a tie for a playoff berth.
Summit Academy at Layton Christian is the sole region contest this week, but if LCA loses, the Eagles are likely out of the tournament with a game at Rich next week. If LCA defeates SA, the likely result is a three-way tie between those two and Altamont for the final two berths.
Remaining region games: Layton Christian has 2, the rest have 1.
Teams vying for three open playoff berths:
Diamond Ranch (DR) is top seed and outright region champ. There are no region games this week; next week Monticello visits Milford and Monument Valley (MV) plays at Whitehorse.
Remaining region games: Diamond Ranch is done, the rest have one.
Teams vying for two open playoff berths:
Southern region seeding scenarios:
If Monticello and Monument Valley win:
If Monticello and Whitehorse win:
- Three-way tie between MV, Whitehorse and Milford for final two berths
If Milford and MV win:
- Three-way tie between MV, Monticello and Milford
If Milford and Whitehorse win:
- Two-way tie between Whitehorse and MV for final berth
Felt’s Facts welcomes questions — email email@example.com.
- Saturday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU report card: Defense holds its own...
- BYU overcomes mistakes, downs UConn, 30-13,...
- Reasons for Travis Wilson's confidence:...
- Utah high school football roundup: Frantic...
- Dick Harmon: Mangum uses chunk yardage in...
- BYU football video: Two plays that shifted...
- ESPN's College GameDay is coming to Utah next...
- With difficult September schedule over,... 55
- Dick Harmon: After week of soul... 40
- Utah's win over Oregon proof of what... 24
- Former BYU quarterback John Beck says... 23
- Guest commentary: Utah's success and... 22
- New Utah basketball facility has high... 21
- Morning links: Kyle Whittingham 'doing... 20
- BYU's pregame fireside gets Michigan... 19