Mountain Crest (MC) is the top seed and has a share of the region title. A win over Roy gives the Mustangs the championship outright. Logan at Box Elder is for second and third, but for a share of region only if MC loses. Bonneville at Sky View is the other game, which is where it gets interesting since only the fourth seed is available.
Only one more region 5 game remains.
Teams vying for one open berth:
Region 5 Playoff Scenarios, Fourth Place:
If MC and Sky View win, then Sky View is in and Bonneville and Roy are out.
If MC and Bonneville win, there will be a three-way tie between Bonneville, Roy and Sky View
If Roy and Sky View win, there will be a two-way tie between Roy and Sky View.
If Roy and Bonneville win, Roy is in and Bonneville and Sky View are out.
While the playoff teams are decided, the order is not. The meaningful games are East at Highland and Bountiful at Woods Cross. East is outright champ with a win. There is only one game remaining in region 6.
Teams vying for open berths: N/A
Region 6 Seeding Scenarios:
If East and Bountiful win:
- Woods Cross
If East and Woods Cross win:
- Three-way tie between Bountiful, Highland and Woods Cross, seeding determined by a coin flip.
If Highland and Bountiful win:
- Three-way tie between East, Bountiful and Woods Cross, seeding determined by a coin flip
If Highland and Woods Cross win:
- MLS Cup live blog: Sporting KC wins 7-6 in...
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog: Minutemen's...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz continue slide with overtime...
- BYU basketball: Hot-shooting UMass fires its...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Utah State football: Aggie defense plays...
- Real Salt Lake: RSL's quest to win MLS Cup...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 101
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 60
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 50
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass,... 27
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie... 27
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 27