Mountain Crest (MC) is the top seed and has a share of the region title. A win over Roy gives the Mustangs the championship outright. Logan at Box Elder is for second and third, but for a share of region only if MC loses. Bonneville at Sky View is the other game, which is where it gets interesting since only the fourth seed is available.
Only one more region 5 game remains.
Teams vying for one open berth:
Region 5 Playoff Scenarios, Fourth Place:
If MC and Sky View win, then Sky View is in and Bonneville and Roy are out.
If MC and Bonneville win, there will be a three-way tie between Bonneville, Roy and Sky View
If Roy and Sky View win, there will be a two-way tie between Roy and Sky View.
If Roy and Bonneville win, Roy is in and Bonneville and Sky View are out.
While the playoff teams are decided, the order is not. The meaningful games are East at Highland and Bountiful at Woods Cross. East is outright champ with a win. There is only one game remaining in region 6.
Teams vying for open berths: N/A
Region 6 Seeding Scenarios:
If East and Bountiful win:
- Woods Cross
If East and Woods Cross win:
- Three-way tie between Bountiful, Highland and Woods Cross, seeding determined by a coin flip.
If Highland and Bountiful win:
- Three-way tie between East, Bountiful and Woods Cross, seeding determined by a coin flip
If Highland and Woods Cross win:
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San Francisco...
- WCC Championship game tale of the tape, BYU...
- San Francisco coach apologizes for postgame...
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- BYU football: Bronson Kaufusi excited about...
- BYU basketball: Tyler Haws passes Russell...
- BYU report card vs. San Francisco: Cougars...
- Brad Rock: Ex-Jazz players skip the drama
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San... 85
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 74
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- San Francisco coach apologizes for... 45
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 32
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26
- Krystkowiak asks Runnin' Utes to stay... 24