This region has four teams tied for first — those listed under “Open berths.” It’s likely those four will qualify in some order. This week, Bingham finds itself in an unusual position: cheering for rival Riverton. Unless the Silver Wolves upset Lone Peak, the best Bingham can do is second since LP should beat Lehi in Week 10.
So a Lone Peak win this week pretty much guarantees the Knights the top seed. But they’ll probably share the region crown with the winner of next week’s Bingham at Pleasant Grove game. American Fork gets back in the mix by upsetting PG on Wednesday or Riverton next week.
Lehi is eliminated if it loses at Bingham. There are two games remaining in region 4.
Teams vying for four open playoff berths:
Felt’s Facts welcomes questions — email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- Local NFL watch: How Utah players fared in...
- Utah Jazz: A few slices of holiday spirit...
- Power rankings: Pac-12, WCC, MWC men's...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- BYU basketball: 3 players record...
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much money...
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass, Cougars'...
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 189
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 96
- BYU football: Cougar offense rebounds... 84
- Utah football: Utes end season with... 76
- BYU, Utah State basketball: Second-half... 74
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 58
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 50