LAS CRUCES, N.M. – Utah Valley University senior Jordyn Dougal shot a final-round two-over par 74 Wednesday at the Price's Gve 'Em Five Intercollegiate hosted by New Mexico State University to finish tied for 18th.
After Day 1, Dougal was tied for 38th with an opening-round 77 but slowly moved up the leaderboard with a second-round 72 and final round 74 to finish at +7 (223).
As a team, the Wolverines moved up one spot and finished 12th with a team total 920.
Behind Dougal, Lynn-Marie Nagel finished in a tie for 25th at +9 (225) after being tied for 38th after Day 1. Nagel carded a final-round 75, while Brooke Bliss (81-76-76) tied for 58th; Kalea Heu (79-82-81) finished 68th; and Hannah Herman (87-83-78) tied for 74th.
Playing as an individual, Heather Mathison (85-84-78) placed 73rd.
The University of Kansas (871) won the tournament by 10 shots over Washington State (881) and the University of Idaho (883).
Kansas' Yupaporn Kawinpakorn won the tournament at three-under par.
The Wolverines are back in action Oct. 29-30 at the Lady Mustang Invitational in Arroyo Grande, Calif.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19