LAS CRUCES, N.M. – Utah Valley University senior Jordyn Dougal shot a final-round two-over par 74 Wednesday at the Price's Gve 'Em Five Intercollegiate hosted by New Mexico State University to finish tied for 18th.
After Day 1, Dougal was tied for 38th with an opening-round 77 but slowly moved up the leaderboard with a second-round 72 and final round 74 to finish at +7 (223).
As a team, the Wolverines moved up one spot and finished 12th with a team total 920.
Behind Dougal, Lynn-Marie Nagel finished in a tie for 25th at +9 (225) after being tied for 38th after Day 1. Nagel carded a final-round 75, while Brooke Bliss (81-76-76) tied for 58th; Kalea Heu (79-82-81) finished 68th; and Hannah Herman (87-83-78) tied for 74th.
Playing as an individual, Heather Mathison (85-84-78) placed 73rd.
The University of Kansas (871) won the tournament by 10 shots over Washington State (881) and the University of Idaho (883).
Kansas' Yupaporn Kawinpakorn won the tournament at three-under par.
The Wolverines are back in action Oct. 29-30 at the Lady Mustang Invitational in Arroyo Grande, Calif.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- 20 years ago: Utah Jazz drop heartbreaker to...
- 2 Indian climbers missing on Mount Everest...
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 133
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 55
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 39
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 36
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 27
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 25
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under... 18