TAYLORSVILLE — Taylorsville has partnered with SCORE, a nonprofit, to help the city's businesses that may be struggling or are trying to grow.
The partnership to date has assisted a half-dozen businesses in Taylorsville with marketing, finances, legal advice, business plans and viability studies — all at no cost to the business owners or Taylorsville taxpayers.
"This partnership has been mutually beneficial to these businesses and to Taylorsville," Mayor Russ Wall said. "We care about our businesses and want them to succeed."
SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to encouraging the formation, growth and success of small business through counseling and mentor programs. It is funded by the Small Business Administration and has more than 30 mentors in the Salt Lake area.
According to SCORE mentor Ron Baron, Taylorsville is the first city for SCORE to partner with in this outreach program. Baron said that the SCORE mentors are former presidents of companies and executives who feel it's important to give back to the business community. "Because we've had so much interest, we have set aside one day per week to take appointments at Taylorsville City Hall," Baron said.
One of those businesses is Anchor Water Damage and Restorations, owned by Taylorsville residents Kris and Frank Rudarmel. The Rudarmels are looking to expand their location to continue growing their business. "These mentors have given us ideas and helped us think outside the box," Kris Rudarmel said. "We are getting help to market in a sea of competitors."
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 13
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12