TAYLORSVILLE — Taylorsville has partnered with SCORE, a nonprofit, to help the city's businesses that may be struggling or are trying to grow.
The partnership to date has assisted a half-dozen businesses in Taylorsville with marketing, finances, legal advice, business plans and viability studies — all at no cost to the business owners or Taylorsville taxpayers.
"This partnership has been mutually beneficial to these businesses and to Taylorsville," Mayor Russ Wall said. "We care about our businesses and want them to succeed."
SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to encouraging the formation, growth and success of small business through counseling and mentor programs. It is funded by the Small Business Administration and has more than 30 mentors in the Salt Lake area.
According to SCORE mentor Ron Baron, Taylorsville is the first city for SCORE to partner with in this outreach program. Baron said that the SCORE mentors are former presidents of companies and executives who feel it's important to give back to the business community. "Because we've had so much interest, we have set aside one day per week to take appointments at Taylorsville City Hall," Baron said.
One of those businesses is Anchor Water Damage and Restorations, owned by Taylorsville residents Kris and Frank Rudarmel. The Rudarmels are looking to expand their location to continue growing their business. "These mentors have given us ideas and helped us think outside the box," Kris Rudarmel said. "We are getting help to market in a sea of competitors."
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Lawmaker's proposal would offer free tuition...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 33
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 31
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27