TAYLORSVILLE — Taylorsville has partnered with SCORE, a nonprofit, to help the city's businesses that may be struggling or are trying to grow.
The partnership to date has assisted a half-dozen businesses in Taylorsville with marketing, finances, legal advice, business plans and viability studies — all at no cost to the business owners or Taylorsville taxpayers.
"This partnership has been mutually beneficial to these businesses and to Taylorsville," Mayor Russ Wall said. "We care about our businesses and want them to succeed."
SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to encouraging the formation, growth and success of small business through counseling and mentor programs. It is funded by the Small Business Administration and has more than 30 mentors in the Salt Lake area.
According to SCORE mentor Ron Baron, Taylorsville is the first city for SCORE to partner with in this outreach program. Baron said that the SCORE mentors are former presidents of companies and executives who feel it's important to give back to the business community. "Because we've had so much interest, we have set aside one day per week to take appointments at Taylorsville City Hall," Baron said.
One of those businesses is Anchor Water Damage and Restorations, owned by Taylorsville residents Kris and Frank Rudarmel. The Rudarmels are looking to expand their location to continue growing their business. "These mentors have given us ideas and helped us think outside the box," Kris Rudarmel said. "We are getting help to market in a sea of competitors."
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14