PROVO, Utah — The BYU men's and women's swimming and diving teams will compete against former alumni Friday at the Richards Building Pool.
"It's always great to have alumni come back to the program to compete," head coach John Brooks said. "The team strives off racing against alumni who are older and trying to beat them. We have a lot of alumni returning so it should be a good meet."
Both teams return home after competing against the University of Hawai'i, where the men lost 183-168 and the women lost 206-146.
Preston Jenkins and Hayden Palmer each won two individual events, and Nicholas Suder won both diving events for the men's team. Hailey Campbell, Alexandria Sorensen and Kimberly Welch Doroghian all tallied first-place finishes last week for the women.
The meet begins at 6 p.m. MDT and results can be found on the BYU women's swimming schedule page.
Jared Houghton is a Sports Information Director who works in the BYU Athletic Communications with the men's and women's swimming teams. He can be reached at email@example.com for questions relating to swimming.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 67
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28