PROVO, Utah — The BYU men's and women's swimming and diving teams will compete against former alumni Friday at the Richards Building Pool.
"It's always great to have alumni come back to the program to compete," head coach John Brooks said. "The team strives off racing against alumni who are older and trying to beat them. We have a lot of alumni returning so it should be a good meet."
Both teams return home after competing against the University of Hawai'i, where the men lost 183-168 and the women lost 206-146.
Preston Jenkins and Hayden Palmer each won two individual events, and Nicholas Suder won both diving events for the men's team. Hailey Campbell, Alexandria Sorensen and Kimberly Welch Doroghian all tallied first-place finishes last week for the women.
The meet begins at 6 p.m. MDT and results can be found on the BYU women's swimming schedule page.
Jared Houghton is a Sports Information Director who works in the BYU Athletic Communications with the men's and women's swimming teams. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions relating to swimming.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- 5A boys basketball tournament central: Live...
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars flew...
- 3A boys state tournament central: Live...
- Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman signs 2-year...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 59
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 49
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29