Ravell Call, Deseret News
For the first time ever, the Cougars will face two top 10 ranked opponents in consecutive weeks, according to Cougar Tracks.
If the Cougars want to reach 10 wins this season, they'll have to go through No. 10 Oregon State and No. 7 Notre Dame on the road the next two Saturdays. As good as Oregon State is, they're having problems at the quarterback position, as starter Sean Mannion is out with a knee injury, giving Cody Vaz his first career start after two seasons of sitting on the bench, according to the article.
The Beavers' defense could be a problem for BYU's offense, as OSU has the No. 4 rush defense in the country and leads the nation in third-down conversion defense, according to Cougar Tracks. Even with the No. 10 ranking, Oregon State is a six-point underdog against the Cougars who have scored only six points in two of their last three games.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35