BYU golf: Fotu in 10th place, team tied for sixth after round two
LAS CRUCES, N.M. – The BYU women’s golf team stands tied for sixth place at the Price’s “Give ‘Em Five” Intercollegiate, after putting together a solid team effort on Day Two of the tournament.
Junior Annika Kahaiali’i shot the low score on the day for the Cougars finishing with a one-over-par 73. Kahaiali’i is currently tied for 20th going into the final day of the tournament.
Junior Selu Fotu had another consistent effort, shooting a two-over-par 74. She currently stands in 10th place, only two strokes behind the top three in the individual leaderboard.
“Annika and Selu are comfortable on the golf course and have a lot of confidence right now,” head coach Carrie Roberts said. “It was a very good day for us. Everybody focused better and had more concentration.”
Senior Amanda Keith turned things around from her first-round 80, going two-over-par in the second round to shoot a 74. Sophomore Maria Yacaman shot a 76 (+4), five strokes better than her first round score.
BYU looks to improve upon its current sixth place standing trailing fifth place Nevada by five strokes.
Chris Scheitinger is a student at Brigham Young University studying Public Relations. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to lead...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- 40-foot jumper by Lexi Rydalch secures BYU's...
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting Combine
- BYU football quiz: How well do you know the...
- Morning links: Kyle Van Noy, Eric Weddle...
- High school wrestling: Pleasant Grove dynasty...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to... 58
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 55
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 50
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 45
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39