BYU golf: Fotu in 10th place, team tied for sixth after round two
LAS CRUCES, N.M. – The BYU women’s golf team stands tied for sixth place at the Price’s “Give ‘Em Five” Intercollegiate, after putting together a solid team effort on Day Two of the tournament.
Junior Annika Kahaiali’i shot the low score on the day for the Cougars finishing with a one-over-par 73. Kahaiali’i is currently tied for 20th going into the final day of the tournament.
Junior Selu Fotu had another consistent effort, shooting a two-over-par 74. She currently stands in 10th place, only two strokes behind the top three in the individual leaderboard.
“Annika and Selu are comfortable on the golf course and have a lot of confidence right now,” head coach Carrie Roberts said. “It was a very good day for us. Everybody focused better and had more concentration.”
Senior Amanda Keith turned things around from her first-round 80, going two-over-par in the second round to shoot a 74. Sophomore Maria Yacaman shot a 76 (+4), five strokes better than her first round score.
BYU looks to improve upon its current sixth place standing trailing fifth place Nevada by five strokes.
Chris Scheitinger is a student at Brigham Young University studying Public Relations. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33