BYU golf: Fotu in 10th place, team tied for sixth after round two
LAS CRUCES, N.M. – The BYU women’s golf team stands tied for sixth place at the Price’s “Give ‘Em Five” Intercollegiate, after putting together a solid team effort on Day Two of the tournament.
Junior Annika Kahaiali’i shot the low score on the day for the Cougars finishing with a one-over-par 73. Kahaiali’i is currently tied for 20th going into the final day of the tournament.
Junior Selu Fotu had another consistent effort, shooting a two-over-par 74. She currently stands in 10th place, only two strokes behind the top three in the individual leaderboard.
“Annika and Selu are comfortable on the golf course and have a lot of confidence right now,” head coach Carrie Roberts said. “It was a very good day for us. Everybody focused better and had more concentration.”
Senior Amanda Keith turned things around from her first-round 80, going two-over-par in the second round to shoot a 74. Sophomore Maria Yacaman shot a 76 (+4), five strokes better than her first round score.
BYU looks to improve upon its current sixth place standing trailing fifth place Nevada by five strokes.
Chris Scheitinger is a student at Brigham Young University studying Public Relations. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26