BYU golf: Fotu in 10th place, team tied for sixth after round two
LAS CRUCES, N.M. – The BYU women’s golf team stands tied for sixth place at the Price’s “Give ‘Em Five” Intercollegiate, after putting together a solid team effort on Day Two of the tournament.
Junior Annika Kahaiali’i shot the low score on the day for the Cougars finishing with a one-over-par 73. Kahaiali’i is currently tied for 20th going into the final day of the tournament.
Junior Selu Fotu had another consistent effort, shooting a two-over-par 74. She currently stands in 10th place, only two strokes behind the top three in the individual leaderboard.
“Annika and Selu are comfortable on the golf course and have a lot of confidence right now,” head coach Carrie Roberts said. “It was a very good day for us. Everybody focused better and had more concentration.”
Senior Amanda Keith turned things around from her first-round 80, going two-over-par in the second round to shoot a 74. Sophomore Maria Yacaman shot a 76 (+4), five strokes better than her first round score.
BYU looks to improve upon its current sixth place standing trailing fifth place Nevada by five strokes.
Chris Scheitinger is a student at Brigham Young University studying Public Relations. Contact him at email@example.com
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 25