SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake police were looking Tuesday for a man who robbed a Zions Bank.
Police say the man entered the bank at 455 E. South Temple about 9 a.m. and demanded money. A bank employee complied and the suspect fled, heading north after leaving the bank.
The man was described as a thin white male between 25 and 35, about 5 feet 8 to 10 inches tall, wearing a hooded sweatshirt, sunglasses and a baseball cap.
The man had indicated to the bank employee he was armed, said Salt Lake Police Sgt. Shawn Josephson.
Tips can be sent to police by calling 801-799-3000. Anonymous tips can be sent by text message to CRIMES (274637). Messages must begin with the phrase TIPSLCPD.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15