LAS CRUCES, N.M. – The Utah Valley University women's golf team remained in 13th place Tuesday after the second day of the Price's Give 'Em Five Intercollegiate hosted by New Mexico State University.
Senior Jordyn Dougal fired an even-par 72 at the 6,312-yard New Mexico State Golf Course to move up 18 spots into a tie for 20th, while sophomore Lynn-Marie Nagel moved up 13 spots into a tie for 25th after a second-round 73.
The University of Kansas (583) leads the tournament by three shots over second-place Colorado State (586) and four shots over the University of Idaho (587), which led after Day 1. Utah Valley is at 617.
UVU's Heather Mathison, playing as an individual, is in 75th after a second-round 84.
University of Kansas golfer Yupaporn Kawinpakorn sits at 4-under par and leads by two shots over Colorado State's Emily Roering.
Final-round action gets underway at 8:30 a.m. MT Wednesday.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21