LAS CRUCES, N.M. – The Utah Valley University women's golf team remained in 13th place Tuesday after the second day of the Price's Give 'Em Five Intercollegiate hosted by New Mexico State University.
Senior Jordyn Dougal fired an even-par 72 at the 6,312-yard New Mexico State Golf Course to move up 18 spots into a tie for 20th, while sophomore Lynn-Marie Nagel moved up 13 spots into a tie for 25th after a second-round 73.
The University of Kansas (583) leads the tournament by three shots over second-place Colorado State (586) and four shots over the University of Idaho (587), which led after Day 1. Utah Valley is at 617.
UVU's Heather Mathison, playing as an individual, is in 75th after a second-round 84.
University of Kansas golfer Yupaporn Kawinpakorn sits at 4-under par and leads by two shots over Colorado State's Emily Roering.
Final-round action gets underway at 8:30 a.m. MT Wednesday.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 101
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25