LAS CRUCES, N.M. – The Utah Valley University women's golf team remained in 13th place Tuesday after the second day of the Price's Give 'Em Five Intercollegiate hosted by New Mexico State University.
Senior Jordyn Dougal fired an even-par 72 at the 6,312-yard New Mexico State Golf Course to move up 18 spots into a tie for 20th, while sophomore Lynn-Marie Nagel moved up 13 spots into a tie for 25th after a second-round 73.
The University of Kansas (583) leads the tournament by three shots over second-place Colorado State (586) and four shots over the University of Idaho (587), which led after Day 1. Utah Valley is at 617.
UVU's Heather Mathison, playing as an individual, is in 75th after a second-round 84.
University of Kansas golfer Yupaporn Kawinpakorn sits at 4-under par and leads by two shots over Colorado State's Emily Roering.
Final-round action gets underway at 8:30 a.m. MT Wednesday.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34