LAS CRUCES, N.M. – The Utah Valley University women's golf team remained in 13th place Tuesday after the second day of the Price's Give 'Em Five Intercollegiate hosted by New Mexico State University.
Senior Jordyn Dougal fired an even-par 72 at the 6,312-yard New Mexico State Golf Course to move up 18 spots into a tie for 20th, while sophomore Lynn-Marie Nagel moved up 13 spots into a tie for 25th after a second-round 73.
The University of Kansas (583) leads the tournament by three shots over second-place Colorado State (586) and four shots over the University of Idaho (587), which led after Day 1. Utah Valley is at 617.
UVU's Heather Mathison, playing as an individual, is in 75th after a second-round 84.
University of Kansas golfer Yupaporn Kawinpakorn sits at 4-under par and leads by two shots over Colorado State's Emily Roering.
Final-round action gets underway at 8:30 a.m. MT Wednesday.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27