USU tennis: Utah State women's tennis travels to Las Vegas for ITA Regionals
To finish off its successful fall season, the USU women's tennis team will travel to UNLV to compete in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association Mountain Region Championships. The action will get underway Wednesday, Oct. 10, and will conclude Sunday, Oct. 14.
Utah State senior Jaci West and sophomore McKenzie Davis entered this season ranked 10th in the region in doubles play. Davis was also ranked 18th in singles play. Davis is coming into this tournament off a big win at the Jack Taylor Classic, where she brought home both a singles title and a doubles title with West. Davis and West are currently 4-0 in doubles play. Davis stands at 7-1 in singles action this fall.
Other players to watch will be senior Julie Tukuafu, who is currently 6-3 in singles action. She dominated in the consolation bracket last weekend winning all three of her matches. Senior Kristina Voytsekhovitch is currently 5-3 in singles action. She also played well this weekend, taking her consolation draw.
This tournament will be the last one the Aggie women see for the fall season.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 287
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 79
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 51
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 40
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37