USU tennis: Utah State women's tennis travels to Las Vegas for ITA Regionals
To finish off its successful fall season, the USU women's tennis team will travel to UNLV to compete in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association Mountain Region Championships. The action will get underway Wednesday, Oct. 10, and will conclude Sunday, Oct. 14.
Utah State senior Jaci West and sophomore McKenzie Davis entered this season ranked 10th in the region in doubles play. Davis was also ranked 18th in singles play. Davis is coming into this tournament off a big win at the Jack Taylor Classic, where she brought home both a singles title and a doubles title with West. Davis and West are currently 4-0 in doubles play. Davis stands at 7-1 in singles action this fall.
Other players to watch will be senior Julie Tukuafu, who is currently 6-3 in singles action. She dominated in the consolation bracket last weekend winning all three of her matches. Senior Kristina Voytsekhovitch is currently 5-3 in singles action. She also played well this weekend, taking her consolation draw.
This tournament will be the last one the Aggie women see for the fall season.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 127
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 50
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 29
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 22
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15
- Dick Harmon: While away from BYU, Tejan... 15
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14