USU tennis: Utah State women's tennis travels to Las Vegas for ITA Regionals
To finish off its successful fall season, the USU women's tennis team will travel to UNLV to compete in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association Mountain Region Championships. The action will get underway Wednesday, Oct. 10, and will conclude Sunday, Oct. 14.
Utah State senior Jaci West and sophomore McKenzie Davis entered this season ranked 10th in the region in doubles play. Davis was also ranked 18th in singles play. Davis is coming into this tournament off a big win at the Jack Taylor Classic, where she brought home both a singles title and a doubles title with West. Davis and West are currently 4-0 in doubles play. Davis stands at 7-1 in singles action this fall.
Other players to watch will be senior Julie Tukuafu, who is currently 6-3 in singles action. She dominated in the consolation bracket last weekend winning all three of her matches. Senior Kristina Voytsekhovitch is currently 5-3 in singles action. She also played well this weekend, taking her consolation draw.
This tournament will be the last one the Aggie women see for the fall season.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45