USU tennis: Utah State women's tennis travels to Las Vegas for ITA Regionals
To finish off its successful fall season, the USU women's tennis team will travel to UNLV to compete in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association Mountain Region Championships. The action will get underway Wednesday, Oct. 10, and will conclude Sunday, Oct. 14.
Utah State senior Jaci West and sophomore McKenzie Davis entered this season ranked 10th in the region in doubles play. Davis was also ranked 18th in singles play. Davis is coming into this tournament off a big win at the Jack Taylor Classic, where she brought home both a singles title and a doubles title with West. Davis and West are currently 4-0 in doubles play. Davis stands at 7-1 in singles action this fall.
Other players to watch will be senior Julie Tukuafu, who is currently 6-3 in singles action. She dominated in the consolation bracket last weekend winning all three of her matches. Senior Kristina Voytsekhovitch is currently 5-3 in singles action. She also played well this weekend, taking her consolation draw.
This tournament will be the last one the Aggie women see for the fall season.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26