USU tennis: Utah State men's tennis to compete at Utah Intercollegiates
Utah State men's tennis is set to compete in the University of Utah Intercollegiates this weekend in Salt Lake City, Utah. Action will begin Thursday, October 11, and conclude on Sunday, Oct. 14.
The Aggies have been having a successful fall season led by senior Sven Poslusny, who last week competed in the ITA All-American Pre-Qualifying Tournament. He is currently 3-0 in singles action for tournaments this fall. He is closely followed by newcomer, Zeno Kastelic, the freshman from Torino, Italy, who is currently 2-0 in singles play.
Freshman Tanner Dance is currently 2-2 in singles play. Sophomore Matt Sweet and junior Matt Thatcher are both currently sitting at 1-2 for the fall season. Thatcher and partner Brian Nielson are currently leading the team in doubles play with a record of 2-1.
The Aggie men will conclude their fall season at the ITA Regionals, held October 17-21 in Las Vegas.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28