USU tennis: Utah State men's tennis to compete at Utah Intercollegiates
Utah State men's tennis is set to compete in the University of Utah Intercollegiates this weekend in Salt Lake City, Utah. Action will begin Thursday, October 11, and conclude on Sunday, Oct. 14.
The Aggies have been having a successful fall season led by senior Sven Poslusny, who last week competed in the ITA All-American Pre-Qualifying Tournament. He is currently 3-0 in singles action for tournaments this fall. He is closely followed by newcomer, Zeno Kastelic, the freshman from Torino, Italy, who is currently 2-0 in singles play.
Freshman Tanner Dance is currently 2-2 in singles play. Sophomore Matt Sweet and junior Matt Thatcher are both currently sitting at 1-2 for the fall season. Thatcher and partner Brian Nielson are currently leading the team in doubles play with a record of 2-1.
The Aggie men will conclude their fall season at the ITA Regionals, held October 17-21 in Las Vegas.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26