USU tennis: Utah State men's tennis to compete at Utah Intercollegiates
Utah State men's tennis is set to compete in the University of Utah Intercollegiates this weekend in Salt Lake City, Utah. Action will begin Thursday, October 11, and conclude on Sunday, Oct. 14.
The Aggies have been having a successful fall season led by senior Sven Poslusny, who last week competed in the ITA All-American Pre-Qualifying Tournament. He is currently 3-0 in singles action for tournaments this fall. He is closely followed by newcomer, Zeno Kastelic, the freshman from Torino, Italy, who is currently 2-0 in singles play.
Freshman Tanner Dance is currently 2-2 in singles play. Sophomore Matt Sweet and junior Matt Thatcher are both currently sitting at 1-2 for the fall season. Thatcher and partner Brian Nielson are currently leading the team in doubles play with a record of 2-1.
The Aggie men will conclude their fall season at the ITA Regionals, held October 17-21 in Las Vegas.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 45
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 42