USU tennis: Utah State Athletics terminates head tennis coach Christian Wright
Utah State Director of Athletics Scott Barnes announced Tuesday that head men and women’s tennis coach Christian Wright has been terminated from his position effective immediately.
Wright was in his 22nd season as the head coach for both the men and women’s programs at Utah State after being hired in 1992.
Barnes also announced Tuesday that current USU assistant coach Bryan Marchant and former USU assistant coach Lukas Bouton will serve as co-interim head coaches for both the men and women’s programs for the remainder of the 2012-13 seasons. Bouton is currently the tennis director and head pro at the Sports Academy and Racquet Club in Logan.
Following the academic year, a national search will be conducted to find a successor for Wright.
Utah State continues its fall season this week as the Aggie women travel to Las Vegas, Nev., to compete in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) Regionals from Wednesday, Oct. 10 through Sunday, Oct. 14. The Aggie men travel to Salt Lake City this week to compete in the Utah Open, which is scheduled to begin on Thursday, Oct. 11 and will conclude on Saturday, Oct. 13.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 63
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28