Blue roundup: Like BYU, Oregon State will also be without its starting QB on Saturday
While BYU has lost Taysom Hill for the season due to a knee injury, No. 10 Oregon State, which visits Provo on Saturday, is dealing with its own quarterback changes.
Starter Sean Mannion is out with a knee injury, and Cody Vaz will replace him in the lineup.
"One of the best young quarterbacks in the country, Mannion’s improvement this season has played a huge role in OSU’s 4-0 start (3-0 Pac-12)," wrote Lindsay Schnell of the Oregonian. "His best performance of the season came two weeks ago when he threw for a career-high 433 yards and three touchdowns in a come-from-behind 38-35 win at Arizona. A year after taking his lumps as a freshman, Mannion had blossomed in Riley’s offense this season, and had established himself as one of the best quarterbacks in the Pac-12. Through four games he had completed 107-of-169 attempts for 1,358 yards and seven touchdowns, an average of almost 340 yards per game. Now the focus shifts to Cody Vaz, a 6-foot, 198-pound junior who hasn’t taken a live snap in more than two years"
Oregon State's defense is looking forward to playing BYU's style of offense.
BYU quarterback Riley Nelson talks about his health and returning to the field this week.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 107
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 22
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20